Archinect
anchor

Housing for Columbia Summer Prog.

AChen

Hi everyone, I'm still in the process of looking for housing for the Columbia Summer program since I registered late and I won't hear back from dorm housing until the end of the month. If anyone is also attending the program and has housing in the area and is looking for a room mate, please let me know. Thanks!

Jun 22, 07 10:50 am
tman

there's a website on columbia for housing. I forgot the name of it. But you can search from rooms that current columbia students have available either b/c ppl graduate, do a semester abroad, move, etc. Maybe call the campus main office and ask about the website.

Jun 22, 07 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
idealist
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/ire/ocha/
Jun 22, 07 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

The housing search portion of that site required a user ID and password, which should have been included in the letter you got from the GSAPP admissions office.

Aside from that, there's always craigslist and the Village Voice.

Jun 22, 07 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
idealist

Actually you know, knowing columbia dorm housing (i assume you are working with the undergrad dorms), just call them (better yet if you can, go into the office) and tell them you need to start early. They are working on the summer session schedules which are different - so just link them to the arch intro website that shows what dates the program is. They are pretty understanding about these things and almost definatley have plenty of space in the dorms in the summer.

Jun 22, 07 6:05 pm  · 
 · 
ritzyy

I am looking to sublet my apartment on Amsterdam Avenue. Literally two blocks away from Avery Hall. I am looking to sublet it for two months, stay in New York for the month beforehand! I completed the Columbia Summer Arch program in 2009 so I can tell you about it as well. Hope this helps!

Apr 28, 11 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
P_Ramm

@ ritzyy

I recently enrolled in the Intro to Architecture summer program and am trying to figure out my living situations. I'm from LA, so finding a better deal than the dorms seems to be a challenge. If you're still looking for someone to sublet, let me know! Maybe we can discuss it through email? 

Apr 29, 11 5:44 pm  · 
 · 
ritzyy

Sure, Here's my email. RentalAmsterdamJ@gmail.com 

Apr 30, 11 1:19 am  · 
 · 
forsan

Hey Ritzyy,

I know P_Ramm got to you first, but unfortunately waited one day too many to register for Session Q dorms. If you have more then one room to sublet or know anyone else who does near Avery, feel free to email me as well.
Thanks

May 4, 11 1:19 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: