Archinect
anchor

Google Sketchup tutorial

JTMike

Hi, I am a 3D graphics domain newbie. Could anyone help me with some good and simple (for beginners) tutorials for this software:Google Sketchup Free ?

Jun 20, 07 7:21 am
ARKTEK

If you already have it downloaded, click 'Help' on the top right, then scroll down to 'self-paced' and 'video' tutorials. Also try the 'Learning Center' found in the 'Help' menu.

Jun 20, 07 9:28 am  · 
 · 
JTMike

Thanks blip. However, many of them are too advanced for my level so if you you know a specific one for beginners will be helpful for me.

Jun 20, 07 11:06 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

sketchup is NOT an advanced tool, just use it, that's your best tutorial.

Jun 20, 07 11:12 am  · 
 · 
rfuller

agreed. sketchup is fairly dumbed down. Just use it in connection with the Help feature if you get stuck. What exactly are you trying to do?

Jun 20, 07 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
blah

"agreed. sketchup is fairly dumbed down. Just use it in connection with the Help feature if you get stuck. What exactly are you trying to do?"

Actually, Sketchup can handle a lot more that these commentators give it credit. The best tutorials are here:

http://go-2-school.com/podcasts

Jun 21, 07 12:55 am  · 
 · 
blah

Also see this thread:

http://www.pushpullbar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=91396#post91396

Jun 21, 07 12:56 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

no one is saying sketchup can't handle a lot more, i love the tool, but the fact of the matter is that the attractiveness of this tool is its simplicity.

Jun 21, 07 3:54 am  · 
 · 
superduct

barf. excuse me, i choked on a push/pull.

Jun 23, 07 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

HA!

Jun 24, 07 6:20 am  · 
 · 

how simple of a tutorial are you looking for? I can't imagine anything simpler that the help tools

Jun 24, 07 1:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: