Archinect
anchor

AutoCAD to PDF troubles

Right, so i was messing around with AutoCAD converting it to PDF, but I'm finding when i change the line thickness in dwg it doesn't translate in PDF coming out at about 0.35" no smaller.

Can you help me?

Jun 12, 07 6:44 pm
boxy

using a ctb works, or you can just adjust all your line weights in illustrator

Jun 12, 07 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

did you check the 'scale lineweights' box?

Jun 12, 07 6:54 pm  · 
 · 

yea I check the scale lineweights. I'm going to try using the ctb file and see if it works.

Jun 14, 07 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
sims

Right, so I have a rather large project due tomorrow and 2 sheets in my set will not convert to pdf from dwg. If I select "Adobe PDF" as my plotter, will the printer at Kinko's (my hero for being open 24/7) be able to print this if it is a dwg file with this setting chosen? I called them and they had never heard of a dwg file.

Any suggestions?

Jun 17, 07 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

how are you converting to pdf from dwg?

if you select "adobe pdf" as the printer, it will take you to a "save as pdf" dialog box...click save...it will create a pdf from the dwg.

Jun 17, 07 9:59 pm  · 
 · 
sims

That's what I've done for the other sheets and it's worked. These 2 sheets are my general notes with imported text. The file size is still small but it freezes up during the converting process. I'm just wondering if I can skip that and take it to Kinkos at midnight and print from dwg.

Do I need to set up the kinkos printer in the plotter manager before I save the file?

Jun 17, 07 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

you can try creating a .plt file from dwg and check with kinkos whether they can convert that...in this case you have to set up whatever kinko's uses for their printer in the plotter manager like you said...do you have the kinkos printer in your plotter manager?

Jun 17, 07 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

if that doesn't work, another option is for kinkos to open the dwg with their illustrator...

Jun 17, 07 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
sims

No, I don't. I only think about that during a small crisis. Thanks though.

Jun 17, 07 10:34 pm  · 
 · 

curious - but can photoshop open dwg as well?

Jun 17, 07 11:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: