Archinect
anchor

Still hate iTunes, BUT...!

Hasselhoff

I kind of gave up on this hunt because I thought I had all my music. Well, when I went back to my archive, albums were missing, iTunes wouldn't properly recognize the library files and it was just being a bitch. Then with a quick web search I found this:

http://www.ephpod.com/

It lets you take the music OFF you iPod. So yeah, eff iTunes. It even has a fairly attractive interface.

As I type this, an iPhone commercial just came on. I'm a big tech dork, but I gotta say, that thing just looks ridiculous. The touch screen is cool, but as my friend said, I think the success of iPod has gone to Apple's head. Just makes me wonder, can people EVER leave the internet, email etc alone? I've never felt the need to carry a butt load of photos, and check my email and crap all the time. We're stuck in front of computers so often, who needs it all the time unless it's business critical? Just what we need, one more asshole in the movie theater or behind the wheel f'ing around.

Jun 4, 07 11:34 pm
waterhouse
Come, join us.
Jun 4, 07 11:58 pm  · 
 · 
dedubs

if your ipod is enabled for disk use, and you have your itunes settings to 'copy music to itunes folder' all you have to do is 'add folder' to library from itunes (that folder being the folder on the ipod), and viola.. you have all your ipod music back onto your computer copied into the ituned folder. no need for any extra software.

Jun 5, 07 12:40 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

or you could set the ipod update setting to "manual" and go in there and individually delete tracks

works for me

Jun 5, 07 11:06 am  · 
 · 
beefeaters

its really simple as danny explained... how does the iphone look ridiculous? there is a definite market for the device, as evident by the success of the treo, blackberry, etc, which will be its competitors. You forgot that it combines an ipod, so its not only cell phone+email+pictures, it also can replace one more device you carry around in the form of an mp3 player.

if anything, apple has always set a level of excellence with their product and interface design. so dont hate on apple :)

Jun 5, 07 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

yeah, and apple stole the concept from LG. they had a whole legal battle over it a while back. however, apple still sucks, the ipod always freezes, and the battery life blows.

Jun 5, 07 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I love my iPod. But I'm not bewildered by the Apple spell. The products look sexy as hell (but I'm actually getting tired of the look as well), but they don't offer what I want. I don't really have brand loyalty. I think they are one of the companies most guilty for planned obsolescence. Worse than Gillette ha! New colors, .21" bigger screen, generation 3,4,5 errr I need it!!!! I feel like I'm getting old when I say things like this, but I think the people just slightly younger than me are becoming incredibly stupid and materialistic (have you seen Idiocracy). I've been at my parents' home while I'm waiting for my work visa and see a lot of TV. It's insane. So much worse than when I was like 16-18. I was reading the "teen section" in the newspaper and this 15 year old kid was talking about how he needed an iPhone. And another big thing I notice with people loving MACs is no REAL reason other than that they are "not Microsoft." They have the same shady, sweat shop manufacturing techniques as anyone else, etc. Apple very well could have been MS, but one company had to win. Then would everyone be running to Windows? (By the way, I'm not a Windows fan boy, Vista is a shitshow). Plus everyone now buying MACs to run Windows anyway? I don't get it. It's like how people are buying PS3s just for the Blu-Ray. On that note, I'm loving my new Dell M90 that I got with my sweet academic discount. A 512MB Quadro is REALLY nice.

Jun 5, 07 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
waterhouse

Idiocracy is pure simple brilliance.

Look at the world all around us. Then meditate briefly on the life of someone like Thomas Jefferson. We're already 80% there.

Jun 5, 07 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
DEVicox

hasselhoff u've read my mind.

i don't get how some ppl have come to equate the"best" tool with the "newest". ppl on both sides of the pc/mac divide fall victim to this...

from personal experience... i know some ppl that are so eager to have 4GB of ram in their new computers... without actually knowing what for.

without completely understanding what internal components are right for you, how could you ever choose the right product? maybe a brushed aluminum case helps... or a goofy plastic glowing case... it looks nice... it must be nice...

-understanding- is now out of the equation.

Jun 5, 07 8:58 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

brawndo. it's got electrolytes.

Jun 6, 07 12:56 am  · 
 · 
beefeaters

i hate when people say that mac users just like macs because its not microsoft. yeah, there are people like that out there who stick to mac for that, but there are others who like the OS so much more than microsoft's. theres been tons of discussions on that so im not going to go into it.

people arent buying macs to primarily run windows. its just now another plus that you CAN run windows if you need programs like rhino that havent released a mac version.

the entire computer industry is based on planned obsolescence, murphys law??

vista sucks ass, its a ripoff of os x.

Jun 6, 07 10:55 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

frankly, i dislike them both.

I may actually try linux.

Jun 6, 07 11:00 am  · 
 · 
dedubs

mac vs. pc. GO!

Jun 6, 07 2:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: