Archinect
anchor

resizing folders of jpg's

cowgill

can it be done?

I'm traveling and have taken a ton of photos but want to resize them so I can upload them to webshots so my family can log on and see them. they are straight from my camera so file nomenclature is standard (IMG_xxxx) and I know photoshop can rename folders of files... I'm just wondering if there is a tool within the CS2 suite that can do a similar thing with the file sizes.

Is there a plugin that can do this?

any help is appreciated

proust

Jun 3, 07 11:14 am

i have done it through fireworks before and know it is def possible in that software, but have (misplaced?) recollection of same tool in PS...

Jun 3, 07 11:51 am  · 
 · 
manamana

I always do this from bridge

tools>photoshop>image processor

Jun 3, 07 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

look up Batch Processing. You can assign an action to entire folders.

Don't forget the compression.

Also don't forget to keep your originals safe!

mana's way is probably more current.

Jun 3, 07 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
cowgill

thanks all... I ended up going figuring it out with the method Tweed xplained (opening a single file, recording the action of resizing+saving+closing) and then going FILE > AUTOMATE > BATCH... specify from there what you want it to do and presto!

this saved me a lot of time... thanks again now mum can see that i'm actually studying architecture and not just the inside of the pubs+clubs :D

Jun 3, 07 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
cowgill

thx... how 'bout a little himmelblau :D

Jun 3, 07 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

As a google fan boy, I feel ti is my duty to alert you of sweet, sweet picassa. It'll resize and upload to your free gig of online storage automatically. Plus it imports pics from your camera lickety split.

but it looks like you have already found a solution...

Jun 3, 07 8:40 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Oh snap! Now picassa is the ad at the top of the page!

Picassa
Picassa
Picassa
Picassa
Picassa
Picassa!

Jun 3, 07 8:41 pm  · 
 · 
cowgill

sounds good FOG but U R late to the party!

Jun 4, 07 2:46 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: