Archinect
anchor

seeking data visualization tools - packing, networks, sorting

oompa

ok I am in search of a tool that I believe someone must be able to help locate....this must exist.

I have found a number of (quite antiquated) research papers discussing "constraint satisfaction problems" and "automated layout design" systems. Among these tools I have found one is called WRIGHT and the other GLIDE. Again these are quite old and their trails are running dry.

What I am looking for is a tool to take a database of information about spaces in a program - type, size, adjacencies, height, relation to the perimeter - to establish different solutions that satisfy the demands of each of the spaces in this database. I believe that GC or IK in 3d modelling software might be able to do something like this but I am wondering if there is anything else out there.

It would be nice even to get a tool that "maps" out the data, and could be sorted according to a chosen variable.

I have seen such visual strategies emplyed on websites where an architect's projects can be sorted by date, type, location and the project entities seemingly reshuffle accordingly.

I posted this elsewhere at the end of a long string of posts, my apologies....

May 27, 07 8:39 pm
ARCHIT3CT

Have you had any response yet from the other threads ?
If yes could you please direct ?

thanks

Jun 5, 07 6:25 am  · 
 · 
oompa

I only got a couple responses from this other thread, and they referred me to GIS software. Are you also looking to do similar things?

if you find anything, let me know...

the other thread... http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=57540_0_42_0_C

Jun 6, 07 10:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: