Archinect
anchor

AutoCAD F8 key

stiletta

AutoCAD F8 key: I had to customize it as a shortcut key to toggle the ortho mode and it still isn't working. I get a "save" message. Anyone know their way around this?

May 24, 07 4:19 pm
xacto

f1

May 24, 07 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
binary

stand back when you hit f1

May 24, 07 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

FU

May 24, 07 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

you probably have one of dem fancy keyboards with save, copy, undo programmed into the F keys....

there should be a function on/off or override button in the same row on the top right somewhere.

find the button...hit it...and ortho all day long.

if that doesn't work, you're screwed. i can't live without my f8 & f3...

May 24, 07 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

maybe you have some crumbs stuck under your key...

May 24, 07 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
stiletta

WhatToDo, many thanks! You're my hero and today you're my favorite.

May 24, 07 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

*curtsies*

do I get a medal?

I'm a vat of useless knowledge.

May 24, 07 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
cadalyst

my keyboard no longer has an F1 key.

its high atop my shelf with books i never read

May 25, 07 8:40 am  · 
 · 
KEG
FU

F1
May 25, 07 12:36 pm  · 
 · 

thank you very mucho mr roboto

May 25, 07 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
PetePeterson

what do F3 & 8 do? I'm a student and I'm not used to these keyboard things? Are straight lines really that important? Doesn't everyone just use sketchup these days anyways?

May 25, 07 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
+i

i personally dont even draw. i just make a cardboard model and take a digital picture of it from all sides and call it
elevation 1
elevation 2
plan

and for the grand finale i get out my exacto and make
section 1

May 25, 07 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
PetePeterson

+i : if you put it out in the rain for a day you can get a great sectional axo!

May 25, 07 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Listen f8 can be programmed , easy, and there are a number of way's.
But why rewrite the orto key ? I had (getdist) propelled to yield as many getdist's and then summed together ,driven into the variable "a" at one of the lose key's once.

May 25, 07 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

vindpust, you never cease to confuse me. Please don't direct me to your 3D model for clarification.

May 25, 07 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
+i

maybe this is why we have threads like "why contractors/engineers/(insert title here) hate architects"

May 25, 07 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Well then I guess you would be horified to know , that at f1 I had " .xy " .

May 25, 07 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

To clarify, I find in handy to program the tools you need particular, into the interface rather than communicating with the program with transparant functions -- as you can and what a pity if you don't ---.
Knowing AutoCAD is knowing these four old phone books ,and knowing how to program the buttons is among that. AutoLisp to.

May 25, 07 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

In fact you can program intire programs or part functions onto any of the f buttons, Switching back to the standard layout is easy.

May 25, 07 3:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: