Archinect
anchor

m-color

simples

it's a coloring/rendering software that works in conjunction with autocad. i recently started working for a office which insists in using it for 2d drawings (instead of exporting to photoshop/illustrator). have you ever heard of "m-color"?? Any thoughts??

May 17, 07 5:51 pm
garpike

Baby jesus is crying.

May 17, 07 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
simples

that's what i thought...i had never heard of it, and didn't know anyone who ever used it...maybe the IT guy here is getting a cut from the software company.

May 17, 07 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

ahhhhhhhhhhhh.....

never mention that again.

May 17, 07 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

I used it a few jobs ago. color selection is tricky and you need to draw everything as closed polygons... but it makes revisions simple when it comes to colored plans, elevations, and sections, since you don't need to manually redo everything in illustrator or photoshop... not very common and revit may make it obsolete.

May 24, 07 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

i used it in my last office but not often. live trace in illustrator is easier and faster.

May 24, 07 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Now that recent versions of AutoCAD include the ability to assign True Color and Pantone values, along with gradients, I think M-Color is pretty much obsolete. In our office, we don't even bother exporting 2D drawings to InDesign or Illustrator, as we can now create some very sharp drawings within AutoCAD itself. (And once we start using Autodesk Impression, our 2D drawings will look even better.)

May 24, 07 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
simples

LIG...for simple colored drawings, I am using plane autocad with true colors and gradients as i think it is just as efficient as m-color (which seems obsolete to me as well)...but the moment that drawings (site plan or elevation) needs to have a more finished rendered feel, i take'em to photoshop...

May 25, 07 11:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: