Archinect
anchor

Digital Notebook/Scrapbook Ideas

I'm hoping some of you can help me out. We're looking for an online application that will allow us to share files with a client, and act as sort of a virtual scrapbook or sorts. We would want to be able to collect and assemble a variety of media, links, notes, comments and be able to organize and navigate easily. I've looked at things like box.net, and other similar file sharing sites, but it's not quite what we're looking for.

Anyone out there have any ideas or are using something like this??

May 17, 07 12:12 pm
toms

i have been using flickr as a research notebook, you can upload up to 2 gigs of jpeg, tiff etc images a month. If you work with PDF's text can be included before saving as an image. It is also very user friendly and looks nice viewed in a slide show.
hope the search goes well

May 17, 07 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

is an FTP site not an option?

May 17, 07 3:37 pm  · 
 · 

whiteboard on instant messenger - it is set for use of ms paint (default) but can be changed to other more useful programs (albeit not a wide selection)

May 17, 07 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

pbwiki.com?
google notebook?

May 17, 07 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
rothko67

pbwiki is actually kinda close to what we're after. Thanks for that. I'm still playing with to see if it could work for us. I really like the ease of Google Notebook, but as far as I can tell you can't insert images. Only text and links. If I'm wrong, please tell how to upload image files. Flickr, and other similar photo sharing sites are great, but we need something that has more than just image files. We want to be able to collect scans, images, links, comments, notes, and see all of as a linear dialogue with the client or work group.

Thanks again for all your suggestions.

May 18, 07 1:33 am  · 
 · 
chingale
erooms

I've used this product in a project management collaborative environment where it was too complicated to give outside consultants access to our project intranet so we used erooms instead.

May 18, 07 2:03 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: