Archinect
anchor

who hates F1?!

zrose717

ever hit F1 and wish death upon your computer? well, me too.

no more F1 for me...

instructions:
1. secure a screw driver, ice pick, intern's finger, etc.
2. place it in the crack behind the F1 key
3. move the prying device so that the F1 key pops out
4. dont worry, u can put it back in when It notices, but for now its all good
5. yell a victory war call that can be heard office wide for you are now F1 key free.

May 17, 07 11:38 am
zrose717
May 17, 07 11:38 am  · 
 · 
Murrye

it's SO annoying! i hit it at least 5 times a day, damn help menu. i don't need your help!

May 17, 07 11:48 am  · 
 · 
KEG

ooooohhh...I hate it hate it hate it.....

what worse?
I got a new computer at work...yeah...but the keyboard has a "hibernate" button RIGHT ABOVE THE ESC BUTTON!!! WTF?!?!?

Now, considering I hit the ESC button...ummm...about 17,246 times a day...what do you think happens?

yeah, at least 2 or 3 times a day, I hit that stupid moon button, the screen goes black, and I nearly shit my pants until I realize it's just sleeping. Oh, how nice- a little nap- I'm so sorry you're tired.

ARGH!

May 17, 07 11:53 am  · 
 · 
BigAaron

A lot of people at my office just take the F1 key right out of the keyboard all together.

May 17, 07 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I like LeMans, myself

May 17, 07 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
work for idle hands

one thing to note though is that with 2007 the solution that batiment posted doesn't work (or if it does you have to go through a different route to get there) becuase .mnu files were replaced with this whole custom user interface BS. I still haven't figured out how to apply that solution to 2007.

May 17, 07 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
May 17, 07 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

i'm off to SLC tomorrow morning to see the race!!
[img[http://www.edmunds.com/media/il/features/motorsports/audi.all.new.r10.le.mans.racer/audi.r10.act.500.jpg width=415[/img]

May 17, 07 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

damn...

May 17, 07 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

my dad used to have one back in the day (not the LeMans version)...he sold it :(

May 17, 07 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

ok...I don't get it. Whats w/ the pics?

maybe formula 1?

May 17, 07 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Georgia on my mind

May 17, 07 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

WhatToDo is today's big winner...you get a cookie!!!!!!!!!!!

May 17, 07 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

we have a little model of this one in the office

May 17, 07 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

finally, I win something.

I'd like to thank yo mamma...

May 17, 07 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
May 17, 07 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

el jeffe

was that a pic of the new Audi??? I saw a few of them here in LA a while back for a photo shoot...not a fan

May 17, 07 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

sorry, I'm drunk

May 17, 07 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
pebble

who starts drinking in the office before noon?....

May 17, 07 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

pebble,

you're fired...

· 
mdler

when the cats away, the mice will play

· 
pebble

c'mon, you've got better material than that

May 17, 07 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
simples

the thread has been taken over...i thought it was an anti-formula-1 racing thread...i find f1 car designs quite sexy...

to get back to the original subject...for a quick temporary fix, i always wedge one of those small binder clips' "wings" behind the f1 key...

i remember the days when the "cancel" command in autocad was ctrl+c, and you had to type ddlmodes to bring up the layer manager...

May 17, 07 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

yup mdler - the R10.
you'd be surprised how quiet it is considering it has nearly the power of the ferrari above.

May 17, 07 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

there's an f-1 car sitting outside our school. one of the transportation design studios is using it. they're going to try and turn it on its side and get it inside the building. we'll see how that goes!

May 17, 07 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

cris

when I was at school, the industrial design department had a Saturn electric car that they had to get into the building...pretty funny

I think we should get some racing fuel and take the F1 for a drive...

May 17, 07 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

el jeffe

I take back my statement..I do like the R10. I dont like the new R8

May 17, 07 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

um i took my F1 k3y off a LONG time ago, i don't need that stinking kind of help

May 17, 07 6:22 pm  · 
 · 

i never use it...always fearful that the function keys once pressed will prevent my lappy tappy from well...functioning

May 17, 07 10:37 pm  · 
 · 
J3

Jezus....I too got wound up thinking this was against Formula 1!
How can you hate this?

May 18, 07 7:43 am  · 
 · 
Jonas77

hey that f1 key i took off i cant find it now... oh well no big losss :)

May 18, 07 11:34 am  · 
 · 
archiphreak

i'm removing F1 at this moment. it's such a joyous moment in my life. i think i'll celebrate with a mid afternoon glass of vodka and sprite, slice of lemon. :-)

May 18, 07 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
kellynsee

*whew* and i thought you were talking about the sport. i totally love love love the sport but yeah now that you mention it i've had many annoying moments with my computer because i kept on pressing the f1 key instead of esc.

May 18, 07 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

mdler, no engine =(

they managed to get it inside the building though! i wanted to get some pics, but our office camera was out of batter charge.

it was pretty cool actually. some of the guys who work in the facilities management department rigged up a sled out of some welded steel sections and castors. they turned the car on its side, on top of the sled, and rolled it inside the building and into the classroom. it was a bit of a spectacle!

hopefully i'll get some pics when they move it out.

and yeah, hitting f1 sucks!

May 18, 07 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

cheers achiphreak!

May 18, 07 2:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: