Archinect
anchor

curved LED screens?!

zrose717

I am trying to satisfy a claim made to a client that we can provide them with a curved LED screen that can play color video...I will attach a rendering of the space and the proposed configuration of the sign.

Any responses are greatly appreciated, even if it is to tell me that its not gonna happen.

zach rose
architecture
cubellis
www.cubellis.com

May 17, 07 9:43 am
zrose717
May 17, 07 9:46 am  · 
 · 
zrose717
May 17, 07 9:47 am  · 
 · 
zrose717
May 17, 07 9:48 am  · 
 · 
postal

don't you mean LCD?

May 17, 07 9:51 am  · 
 · 
zrose717

LCD LED LRQ....i dont care what it actually is...i just need it.

May 17, 07 9:59 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

find an electronic display/signage company, not that hard. those are expensive - $1000/sf or more for full times square marquette type screens...

May 17, 07 10:07 am  · 
 · 
zrose717

thanks killer...have you used any in the past?

May 17, 07 10:16 am  · 
1  · 
treekiller

back in my hollywood daze, we often used various things like this on a temporary basis... I know there are places in NYC that specialize in large displays, it will take some googling try 'video wall'. sweets and 4spec.com may also be a quick source...

also call a dozen AV consultants and ask them if they have experience doing these.

there are lots of ways to do what you want from creating an array of off the shelf monitors driven by a video controller, to a custom display. figure out if you can tolerate 1/2" black lines every 3 to 4 feet and faceted curves versus smooth curves with no interruptions... also figure out what resolution you'll need. most jumbotron scale displays have a rez of about 20 pixels/inch or less. video walls can produce hdtv quality depending on the signal source. all depends on how close people will be to the screens.

a cheaper method is back projected screens, less equiptment, but more plenum space. glare and light levels will determine if you can get away with this

May 17, 07 11:13 am  · 
1  · 
garpike

What's LRQ? Nevermind.

LED and LCD are not at all alike. LED is likely what you would use in curved application, but it will look low-res.

May 17, 07 2:17 pm  · 
1  · 
KEG

aren't the moving LED screens at the Fashion Show Mall in Vegas curved?

who did those?

May 17, 07 2:29 pm  · 
1  · 
mdler

zrose

check your email

May 17, 07 3:21 pm  · 
1  · 
mdler
http://www.elementlabs.com/?p=272
May 17, 07 3:24 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: