Archinect
anchor

obnoxious accidental software commands you can't back out of

SuperHeavy

This post is prompted by my current problem, and If anyone knows how to fix this, PLEASE help. But it got me thinking about other hotkeys you can accidentally punch that mess up your UI and you can't undo because you don't know what you did in the first place.

And maybe just maybe this thread could become a resource for fixing all those things.

My current problem:

the open drawing command in AutoCAD no longer gives me a graphic interface but instead will only show a command line asking me to type the name of the file I wish to open. I can get around this by opening files directly from my folders, but this doesn't work when xrefing.

I had this problem once at work and it took a visit to our CAD guy, and it sorta stumped him. He eventually fixed it by redefining some value from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0 or something. But i'm at a loss.

And to get the solutions rolling, an easy one, in 3d Viz when your gizmo goes from useful colorful 3d arrows to useless gray 2d arrows, just hit 'X'

Apr 21, 07 6:08 pm
drums please, Fab?

Command: filedia

set it to '1'

enjoy !!

Apr 21, 07 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

I would suggest Cmddia , I encountered the exact same problems with drawings saved after Cmddia are set to 0 , and changing it to 1 restored the dialog boxes.

Apr 25, 07 9:10 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: