Archinect
anchor

Adobe/Autodesk Creates Superprogram

eddiephicks
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/business/AP-Earns-Adobe-Systems.html

"The question on investors minds is, How could Adobe transcend to the next phase?'' said analyst Trip Chowdhry of Global Equities Research. (From NYTimes).

Adobe should buy Autodesk and merge all of their programs to create a superprogram. Though it will cost $100,000, it will maximize productivity, and allow architects to leave the office earlier.

Or we will just spent that time browsing the interent (which of course is also part of the Superprog).

Mar 21, 07 10:43 am
Sarah Hamilton

It should also have a built in archinect feed, it could go right in the Command line at the bottom.

Mar 21, 07 11:23 am  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

They would make a $100,000 program way to difficult to steal (not that I advocate such things).

There would be no free learning of the program in college, few offices could afford to buy and then learn the sweet sweet integrated goodness.

An archinecter would create a thread to bitch about the previous two facts.

Mar 21, 07 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

this is DUMB the superprogram is already here and it's called Rhinoceros

It does the stuff for me that otherwise Illustrator , Autocad, Indesign, and 3dmax would do
from 2d vector/raster design & layout, construction drawings, animation, visualization & rendering

i wonder if NYT would run a headline like this for McNeel and associates the worker owned company, reminds me of many inspiring examples in south America, and popular economics, PARECON
would it threaten there base, the mainstream investors/exploiters, YES! ;)

Mar 21, 07 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
postal

but they haven't... your thread title is misleading...

while the idea seems plausible, there's no reason to expect anything like this...

plus, though architects use the creative suite and cad... there are a ton of other people who would never touch a modelling software...

...and rhino rocks... i think they are going to start to seem so real gains in the market, they've broken out of their niche with the help of flamingo and other plugs

Mar 21, 07 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
eddiephicks

made ya look!

of course, its pure speculation. and a ridiculous one at that.

Mar 21, 07 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

entropy is our enemy but not theirs
the more division created the more profit

sought: interpolarity

Mar 21, 07 6:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: