Archinect
anchor

Architecture School and Time Management

Archi49

So really how many hours were you on your own working in studio? 

I'll be in class for about 20 hours a week; 8 of which are Design class.

Also in Design class I am assuming that is what requires all the studio time. Can't you work on your projects during that class too? The difference is that the professor is there to assist you rather than working on your own?

Aug 26, 12 8:44 am  · 
 · 
papre

What Rand H. said sounds about right.  Sometimes 20 hours in a day especially as deadline approaches. Maybe 6-20hours/day on regular days, depending on how well your project is going .  Yes you work during design class but that's not nearly enough time. Again for the reasons I've already stated.

You're exasperating...

You're trying to imagine what its like when you obviously have no clue but you keep hoping to twist it to what you think it is. 

Aug 26, 12 11:24 am  · 
 · 
jyount10

You know that guy that always gets the best grades but seems to spend the least amount of time in studio, and everyone hates? Hate to say it, but that's the guy you want to be. There will be that guy in studio, learn from him.

Aug 26, 12 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
jyount10

My record in school was 45 hrs with no sleep. That should be the exception at final review time - not the rule throughout the year. When you get to that point, just don't go home that night, you bought yourself 2 hrs.

Aug 26, 12 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
RH-Arch

The best if what I always referred to as "time travel". You would be up for 24+ hours and you fall asleep sometimes for about 5 or 10 mins without noticing it, still sitting staring at your computer screen and then wake up still without noticing and keep working like nothing happened until you noticed 10 minutes disappeared on the clock....time travel...

Aug 26, 12 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
jll3

Seriously, the time between 3 am and 8 am seem to go by incredibly fast.

On the topic, you really just have to wait and see, I thought I had an idea of what to expect when I started grad school last year and I was completely wrong, it was much worse.

Aug 26, 12 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
Atmika

We don't always have time to finish everything we started and sometimes, we don't even have the time to start anything at all. However, with the help of the right time management strategies and applications, we can make time for everything.

I have been using Replicon Software for time management. It is a super-cool and super efficient software to manage the various office tasks. This software has made our routine smooth and easy.

Here's the link ( http://www.replicon.com/olp/online-time-recording-software.aspx ) to know more about this application!

Dec 30, 13 4:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: