Archinect
anchor

I know what you're thinking, and you're probably right, but...

ArT.

I'm trying to teach myself CATIA/Digital Project. Yes, I am an idiot. No, there is nobody around here that knows it. Does anyone have any good suggestions? Resources? Tutorials? Anything? I know my way around a lot of 3d programs, like Maya, rhino and GC, but I have no idea what to do in DP. Where do I start? How does this dang power copy work?

So i guess what I'm trying to do is create a truss system that uses fixed components at varied spacing on the bottom, and varies as it goes up depending on the spacing. Any suggestions?

Mar 7, 07 12:32 pm
archasm

good luck. i had a week long training and some dp gurus at my beck and call for 6 months before i got the hang of it. I also had a lot of 3d experience beforehand. to understand catia/dp, you really need to understand its organizational structure. i call it architectural accounting. it's very powerful, but its a huge pain in the ass and kinda boring. give me rhino any day.

Mar 7, 07 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

you need to talk to Vind....he can teach you anything you need to know about anything.

Mar 7, 07 8:09 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

do you have access to an FTP site. i can send you a tuitoral from the digital project class i am in now. it will pretty much teach you whatever you need to know.

Mar 7, 07 8:32 pm  · 
 · 

3DH rocks!

Mar 7, 07 9:44 pm  · 
 · 
Katze
Mar 7, 07 9:49 pm  · 
 · 
ArT.

Yeah, 3dH is definitely the future of architecture, but I don't think I'm quite ready for it. I wish I were as cutting edge as that, damn. Is there any way to save that gif as my own honeycomb cathedral desktop?

but seriously, randar82: I do have access to an ftp site. can you email me? That would be pretty awesome. Where are you taking this class? SCI arc?

archasm: It does seem kind of boring but pretty pwoerful. I'd like to do crazy things with it but I don't know how restricting it is. How much do you use it? I just found the layers standards. It seems pretty well organized into a good workflow.

I am still hypnotized by this gif. I'm so glad it worked it's way into this post.

Mar 8, 07 10:09 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: