Archinect
anchor

revit via boot camp

outed

i want to say this question has been asked before, but i couldn't seem to find anything in the archives that quite matches up. so...

does anyone currently use revit on one of the newer mac's, via boot camp? i'm trying to figure out the logistics of integrating revit into the office (yeah, i know you can get archicad for a mac, but we're not going that route). any feedback on speed, crashing, snafu's, etc. would be appreciated.

Feb 15, 07 10:51 am
filo

i would rather try to simplify the question and extend it to any other software, bootcamp allows to install windows on a mac machine, once it's windows, it's windows!

Feb 15, 07 11:36 am  · 
 · 
outed

filo -

i agree, but what concerns me is running a really memory/processor intensive program like revit. i have no concerns about autocad or microstation or something like that. but because revit has to write back constantly to a server location, i'm wondering if the extra layer of boot camp slows operations down appreciably or not.

Feb 15, 07 9:14 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

There is no extra layer. It's just windows. You will have no problems since it's the same hardware, exactly the same.

Feb 15, 07 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
jitter12

If you are referring to using Revit in Parallels rather than Bootcamp, I would not recommend it.

When you use Bootcamp, you are either booting up a PC or a Mac. You make the choice at startup. There is no extra layer as FOG Lite stated above.

Feb 16, 07 5:58 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: