Archinect
anchor

Form Z photo mapping

Vermonster

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has experience texture mapping photos on to objects in form Z. Specifically, I am wondering if there is a way to map photos that are different sizes onto different faces of an object. Every time I try to scale the second photo (different size from the first) to fit the second face of the object the program automatically rescales the 1st photo so that it doesn't fit on the 1st face anymore. The two photos are saved as two separate surface styles so I'm not sure why the program is only allowing one size of photo to be applied to the object.

One solution we've come up with is to make sure that all the photos we are going to use on an object are the same size and that the image should be adjusted accordingly in photoshop or whatever...

But there has to be another Better way to do this...

Any tips would be grratly appreciated

Jan 25, 07 3:04 pm
silverlake

If they are two seperate image files loaded into two separate layers you shouldn't have this problem.

However, Formz has weird glitches when it comes to texture mapping. I've had to delete pieces that are behaving similar to the ones you've described, rebuild and remap them and the problem seems to go away.

Pain in the ass.

And why am I still using formz??

Jan 25, 07 7:36 pm  · 
 · 
Vermonster

It is a pain... Thanks for the idea. I didn't think of using different layers.

Jan 25, 07 10:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: