Archinect
anchor

Umm...Are you ready for this? Can you handle the power? Is it within our grasp?

b3tadine[sutures]
PerCorell

I don't think so --- fragile small items , huge expenses pr. item, it is not even possible to generate a SAT file from 3D Max , or AutoCAD while the whole file concept havn't been upfated since 1998.
Then for one-off prototype casting it proberly are ok, -- if there are software that handle the rather prinitive idea to place one layer after another untill a fragile expensive prototype are there.
I is not as primitive as to mimic a worker by a "robot" that can do only these instructions, ---- yes I say primitive as where are the real innovation the new perception and the great step forwerd , in mimic the weld vector or tighing a nut ,a nut that is a aincient invention, where are the innovation in using the new technology to support outdated technikes and gadgeds.

Layer by layer build up to , are a millinium old technique to produce 3D objects , it's been done with so many things ; ships models round shaped furniture , this was the technique for centuries where are the fresh new perception the seven mile jump ?

Robots doing exactly what the worker woud have done, where are the innovative perception ?

Jan 20, 07 7:01 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

bump.

Apr 5, 07 8:57 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Cool! But too bad it doesn't support the .3DH file format...

Apr 5, 07 9:39 pm  · 
 · 

check out 'Innovate or Perish: New Technologies and Architecture’s Future' by David Celento in the latest Harvard Design Magazine.

Apr 5, 07 9:57 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

please...please vind....don't visit this thread....please...please...

Apr 6, 07 9:13 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Listen --- I find the concept quite interesting, I did so when I first saw the fragile elements guess back 93 and ofcaurse these mashines become cheaper over time . but it is still difficult to generate a SAT file of a just somewhat complicated item there are limitations and, I think something shuld be done about it as ofcaurse , it is a nice thing when you can have a prototype just like that. What I wonder is why it is so difficult to get a Sat file generated without Error messeages , as all this is is must be a number of plain printer files allowing the printer head to harden the substance and I wonder why this shuld be so difficult without Errors ---- the errors come when generating the file, and is trivial 3D modeling errors, but they mean that only particular software can be used and that you uses not to complicated Solid entities and not to many advanced edditing now --- I wouldn't mind staying away from this tread, but I think people need to know ,so they can ask and put up demands, before putting to much money and to much trust into how it work and what it can make. In particular I think people shuld know what modeling software work generating the Sat files also the fact that it is proberly not the software most people uses that work and that some software that claim to be able to generate the files, only can do that from a limited set of entities.
Ofcaurse I say these things from experience, I did try spend weeks refining a not very compliicated model to be processed by an instant prototyping mashin , and I still don't understand why nip-pick "foults" that othervise wouldn't be foults could put the project to a stop time and time again ----- when a simple print of all possible sections would be possible just like that. But snooker , why is it you think that these experiences shuldn't be heard ?

Apr 6, 07 10:14 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Beside --- I rather have 3D-H that make Anything or atleast some of the most important ones, at computer by skills allowing the material shape your wishes transformed by brand new Methods. I apriciate a prototype but prefere imidiate performence by the real thing, not the wrong material for the right thing, direct Link Production And a mountain of money . A new method can do that ,a thing that is not the item to use, sell, resume is just not enough for me, --- Emagine a full aotomised 3D-H factory .

Apr 6, 07 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
LaBoule

A really interesting project, I think. Is there anything comparable about computer managed 3d "cutter"? (I don't know how to call that in english...)
I mean we don't have that at school and it could be usefull.

If you have any info...

Apr 6, 07 4:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: