Archinect
anchor

photoshop elements?

marmkid

does anyone out there know anything about photoshop elements? i am looking to reformat my computer which means i stand an excellent chance of losing my copy of photoshop (it was a limited edition anyway, put on when i was at school).

i cant spend as much for the full photoshop, as i dont use it enough to really justify it, and i was looking for a cheaper alternative that i dont have to learn a new program.

i basically want to make sure i can still do the basic commands of photoshop, hopefully with the transform commands (skew, perspective, all those)

otherwise it probably isnt worth it

anyone have any experience with this?

Jan 19, 07 12:36 pm
Chili Davis

I bought a copy of Elements. I wish I wouldn't have. If you look really hard, I bet you can find a copy of CS2 at close to 100% off.

Jan 19, 07 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
wangsta

arrrrr me matey! ahoy!

Jan 19, 07 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
threshold

You can download a 30-day demo of Elements from Adobe's website to check it out for yourself.

Jan 19, 07 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

cool, thanks daver

chili: what was wrong with elements? why didnt you like it?

Jan 19, 07 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

It's like driving a corvette for a year, and then your lease expires, so you buy a cavilere. It couldn't do nearly as much as I wanted it to. It's worth the time to check it out for yourself, though.

Jan 19, 07 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

cool, thanks

Jan 19, 07 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

yeah, elements really plays a BIT part to the full version of photoshop.

nudge nudge wink wink

Jan 19, 07 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

caugh, caugh, bit, caugh, caugh, torent, caugh, caugh

i must have got this cold from those damned pirates

Jan 19, 07 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
duygu

you can do most things with gimp and it's open source freeware, might want to give that a try
http://www.gimp.org

Jan 19, 07 5:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: