Anyone going to Smart Geometry 2007 ?

Dec 27, 06 11:37 am
popeye

yes.

Stevens represent'n

Dec 27, 06 11:50 am  · 
 · 
TED

well i guess we can have an archinect piss up then [full week] - are you commuting every day or staying in town? i know 3 others going from london / us.

Dec 27, 06 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
morfo

is the workshop helpful? is it tailored to experienced 3d modelling users or beginners?

Dec 27, 06 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
ArT.

I'm going.

Yeah TSA, yaerdme!!

Kind of excited. Don't know anyone else going, though. Well, see ya.

Dec 27, 06 10:40 pm  · 
 · 
monkeyboy

popeye, youre a douchebag

Dec 28, 06 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
monkeyboy

So is anyone paying the full 1500 fee to attend? Is it really worth it?

Jan 12, 07 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
Roham Sheikholeslami

I am going too. I think it worth it.

Jan 21, 07 10:09 pm  · 
 · 
ArT.

Has anyone gotten any information about the pre-training in New York? like what time we're supposed to be there?

Jan 23, 07 7:48 am  · 
 · 
bigness

is there anyway of getting a copy of the software?

Jan 23, 07 9:11 am  · 
 · 
TED

ArT - didnt you get the email?? 9:00 am!

and bigness, if your working for someone who has a full proper microstation license, i think you can get it through your vender [even as a beta] but right now they are very restricted on who has it - its not even allowed on public machines in the schools that are beta schools. i know it is almost ready to be formally release and i student licenses are going to be available. right now if your a beta user you have a license that logs into the bentley server for validation [flexlicense] so even if someone gives you the software - its wont work. the beta versions change 1 or more times a week. also there are no help or tutorials available and this is NOT a cad program so unless you take a workshop it will be tough to push yourself through it.

Jan 23, 07 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
ArT.

Sorry TED, I actually didn't get the email. I did here back from from 8 am email to caroline to get there a half hour late. Oh well. I thought day 1 was pretty interesting. Any thoughts? anyone excited? Let down? both?

Jan 23, 07 7:17 pm  · 
 · 
TED

ArT - did the workshop in London so flying out tomorrow to join the fun and games on thurs--hear the food is great!

Jan 23, 07 8:29 pm  · 
 · 
ArT.

So you did this pre training already? would you ruin it for me if you told me how it ends? I don't know about the food. There's none at the workshop, but American food is better than British, from what I hear.

Jan 24, 07 8:15 am  · 
 · 
monkeyboy

so i have not attended the pre-workshop events.. can anyone tell me if i need to un-install prior versions of bently/gc software prior to installing the newest version.

Thanks

Jan 25, 07 12:26 am  · 
 · 
ArT.

What did you guys think? Personally, I didn't have much, if any, experience with GC or parametrics in general so while I didn't get very far with my project, I think I know where I can go now, which I good. Did you guys know GC before you came? How did your work go? It was a little frustrating being surrounded by people who already knew the software. I'm just left wondering what I really got out of it, besides a more in depth knowledge of scripting.

Jan 30, 07 10:02 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: