Archinect
anchor

macbook or macbook pro

It has been asked, but since I can't find the search button:

I want to use the Adobe Suite,
some 2d-CAD drafting.

Is the MacBook enough or would you recommend the Pro?

Dec 18, 06 7:01 am
cpnorris

Well you might be ok with a Mac Book but some Adobe files can get really big and hard to deal with and you might like the MacBook Pro better. It will run everything quicker and allow you to do more, especially if you wanna do any 3D rendering in the future.

Dec 18, 06 11:28 am  · 
 · 
cpnorris

also the Mac Book is only a 13" screen, which is tiny when you compare the two side by side. A 15" is much nicer.

Dec 18, 06 11:29 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

The only major differences are that the macbook is smaller (which in my mind is an advantage) and that the macbook has built-in graphics acceleration rather than a separate video card. Unless you play WoW, you probably won't notice.

Macbook pro is not that much quicker.

Dec 18, 06 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

only the NEW macbook is good enough for Adobe Suite. We have a number in our office and CS2 only runs smoothly on our pros.

C.

Dec 18, 06 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
mleitner

@Cameron

You are saying that Adobe Suite runs on the new MacBook, but only smoothly on the pro?

Dec 18, 06 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
mleitner

Also,

just heard that the pro series is more robust than the white and black mac books. They are said to deteriorate fast.

Dec 18, 06 3:24 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

yup Sharkee. I tend to jump between programs alot so I needed the Pro.

Dec 18, 06 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
urbanisto

typing this on my macbook pro.....
the aluminium-look is much nicer!!

Dec 18, 06 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

If you have the money get the pro. there is a pretty significant jump monetarily between the two. I would get the pro but it really depends on what you need it for and what you may need it for in the future. the pro is gonna last you longer and allow you to run more apps at once as well more intense 3D apps.

Dec 18, 06 5:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: