Archinect
anchor

MVRDV's Mirador

Serkan Ennac

Dec 15, 06 7:08 am

it would be fairly daunting to be chosen as the architect for the project to fill the empty lot across the street.

Dec 15, 06 7:20 am  · 
 · 

really? would be pretty standard context for japan.

really a fuck context moment, ennit?

Dec 15, 06 7:34 am  · 
 · 
THEaquino

I personally like the building. But I can and do see the problems that people have with it.

"You can visit the site, talk to the clients and analyse the context. In the end, you just crumple it up, throw it away and do what you want" - Louis Kahn

Dec 15, 06 9:59 am  · 
 · 
postal

hmmm... aside from the hole... it looks like a developers' imitation of MVRDV...

and what's with large holes in buildings these days...

Dec 15, 06 10:14 am  · 
 · 
bothands

they let planes fly thru...

Dec 15, 06 9:21 pm  · 
 · 
AbrahamNR

I like it. I met Vinnie Mass while he was teaching a studio in UWM. He's a cool guy; although his accent and really fast way of talking makes him hard to understand sometimes.

Dec 15, 06 9:45 pm  · 
 · 

I worked in their office about four years back. That said, how sympathetic I am to their obsession with shipping containers and stacked things I'm not sure. Winy is a great guy, though, I will second that.

I think it's interesting, the idea of gathering up a bunch of boxy buildings and mushing them together to make one... but sadly I think postal is right about it looking like a developer's imitation. it ran out of conceptual gas.

Dec 16, 06 6:15 am  · 
 · 
trace™

don't care for it. Looks like it had a few good ideas, but they never bother to implement them. Too disjunctive and no formal resolution.

Dec 16, 06 9:15 am  · 
 · 
silverlake

Yeah, I don't like it. I generally hate when surfaces change material or color in the same plane.

Architecture reduced to wallpaper at a really big scale.

The big hole and red parts look promising though...

Dec 16, 06 1:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: