Archinect
anchor

New Dallas Stadium

evilplatypus

[url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0612/gallery.cowboys.stadium/content.3.html
]Dallas Stadium[/url]

Kinda Cool sliding roof - gets points for that.

Looks like the one they have now, anyone?
Rant, Rave?

Dec 14, 06 1:29 pm
evilplatypus
Dallas
Dec 14, 06 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

I love it. Not as good as the new Cardinals stadium though.

Dec 14, 06 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

This picture didn't look funny to anyone else?

Dec 14, 06 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

not impressed, cause it looks exactly like the one thye have now....at least on the inside!

Dec 14, 06 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

yeah, i was wondering about that one too!

Dec 14, 06 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
aquapura

Guess what, I hate the Cowboys and their new stadium.

Dec 14, 06 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

seatings are bad...view of the field is blocked

Dec 14, 06 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Chilli that pic boggled my mind for a few min. Is that a view from the blimp with people in front?

Dec 14, 06 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

and get this....I have inside information that ground has broken (if not already known) but they are devoting loads of time to this. Go figure, because as it has been stated, boneheads in Texas find having a hole you your roof is a good idea (wonder if they think that's a good idea in their homes).

Furthermore, I hear that (a little bird told me) they are going full steam for the proj in LA grand avenue (hks) that is!
interesting! So will we see more funny looking renderings like the one above?? I wonder!

Dec 14, 06 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

I thought that Picture was taken from the Book Depository....looking at the grassy knoll....It is John Kennedys head isn't it...

Dec 14, 06 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

No, they are just really crappy photos of people watching the fly through animation. Even the Dallas Cowboy press kit team sucks.

Dec 14, 06 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

I also like shadows cast by the new jumbo-trons in the center of the field as shown in the rendering. America's team.... of boneheads.

Dec 14, 06 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

now, now folks. you ALL know the story:

Q: Why is there a hole in the roof at Texas Stadium?
A: So God can watch His favorite football team.

i'm pretty pissed that the cowboys are moving to arlington but you have to give JJ some credit. they could have gone the route that the rangers and mavericks went. they could have hired david schwarz and gotten some nostalgic pastiche bullhockey to paste on the outside of the stadium.

instead of building something that's intentionally outdated from the get-go, JJ is taking the risk of building something that will be unintentionally outdated in about 10 years.

Dec 14, 06 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
SPYDER01

the black silhouettes in the rendering remind me of that old scifi channel series.. where the aline or robot silhouettes would make fun of a movie.. cant remember the name...

the staduim is decent.. i mean its hks after all...

what does suck, is that its not in dallas....

Dec 15, 06 12:00 am  · 
 · 
ochona

laura miller (thank god) did not buy the stadium-as-urban-renewal-agent bs. unfortunately the folks in arlington did buy into the stadium-as-suburban-renewal bs.

i was reading in the morning news about how txdot has decided to give the boys a valentine by fixing all of the interchanges off of i-30 (especially the one at collins) parallel to the stadium construction.

but it took 25 f--king years to build the mixmaster in downtown FW.

of course FW doesn't have a sports team...or a republican mayor.

Dec 15, 06 1:23 am  · 
 · 
ochona

correction: FW doesn't have a MAJOR LEAGUE sports team.

but it really doesn't have a republican mayor...trust me.

Dec 15, 06 1:25 am  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

SPYDER, MST3K!!!

Dec 15, 06 8:35 am  · 
 · 
THEaquino

ochona, I believe it's:

Q: Why is there a hole in the roof of Texas Stadium?
A: So God can look down and watch AMERICA'S Team

Go Cowboys

Dec 15, 06 11:40 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

god's team:

notre dame.

and the patriots are america's team. who doesn't want tom brady?

Dec 15, 06 7:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: