In its 34 years, SCI-Arc has known

3 buildings in 3 cities
4 directors
100+ staff members
400+ faculty
3500+ students.

But only 1 academic counselor

There is only 1 Bill Simonian.

After 34 years of incredible service to SCI-Arc as a founding faculty member and Academic Counselor, Bill Simonian is retiring at the end of this term.

Please join us for a party in his honor. Co-sponsored by Student Union, the SCI-Arc Alumni Association and SCI-Arc.

Friday, December 15th
5-7PM
SCI-Arc Main Space.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Dec 13, 06 6:58 pm
strlt_typ

i'll be there boozing...

Dec 13, 06 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

wish i could be there - congrats and thanks bill.

Dec 13, 06 7:10 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

Thanks Bill-

Dec 13, 06 10:19 pm  · 
 · 
jkaliski

Can't be there but wish he would change his mind.

Dec 14, 06 1:49 am  · 
 · 
Philip Gentleman

thank you bill!

Dec 14, 06 11:17 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

does he go on archinect?

Dec 14, 06 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
Jeremy

Bill Simonian rocks. Congrats on the retirement.. and good luck to Sci-Arc on finding the group of super-friendly, hard-working, problem-solving people they will need to fill his shoes. He was part of the backbone of that place.. and was always a joy to run into - either when you needed something, or just wanted to say hello and chat a bit about anything.

Hopefully if he doesn't get on the archinect boards, someone going to the party can print this stuff out and give it to him, eh?

Dec 14, 06 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
adso

Wish I could be there too. Bill saved my bacon a few times, even when I discovered oddities in my transcripts 5 years after I left school. He even remembered who I was. Great guy.

Dec 14, 06 7:02 pm  · 
 · 

bill simonian has interviewed and accepted me to sci arc back in 1978. i hitchiked to los angeles for that meeting from northern cali. with some drawings rolled up in a trash bag.
slept on the roof next couple of days before heading back north to say goodby to my friends and pick up my stuff in two cardboard boxes. the return was on greyhound.
he is a good example of; "you don't have to be a hot designer to be a great architectural educator, mentor and a human being".
thank you bill.

Dec 14, 06 9:00 pm  · 
 · 
bUbBLe

congratulation once again and thank you for everything during our times at SCI-Arc..

without you, SCI-Arc is goin to be different..

Dec 16, 06 2:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: