Archinect
anchor

Any STARchnect-ers out there?

jbirl

Ya think? Do you think there are any starchitects amongst us?

Dec 7, 06 2:49 pm
myriam

no.

Dec 7, 06 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
baby i'm a...
Dec 7, 06 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
abyssinian

jbirl you're a star...

Dec 7, 06 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
abyssinian

seriously speaking tho...I kinda interned at this architects office. I dont know if you'd call em stars but the've been on covers of publications...and both principal architects were on archinect daily.

Dec 7, 06 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I actually realized about 6 months ago that I should chill out a little and stop mocking myself in case someone I want to work for reads this thing. Like Brad Pitt.

Dec 7, 06 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

hahaha, Brad Pitt right....

Doncha know he's on here regularly trying to get into the "know" so he can be a good architect too!

I forgot what his "handle" was tho!

Dec 7, 06 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Chili Davis = Brad Pitt

Dec 7, 06 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

I KNEW IT!!!
hahaha

Dec 7, 06 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

wow. hes too busy adopting kids from third world countries to be on archinect lately.

Dec 7, 06 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
emilyrides

I'm an intern in a starchitect's studio, starchitect is in magazines and everywhere else constantly, but it's a fairly huge place. I have only ever spoken to this superstar twice. Once I was introduced briefly as the new intern. The second time I had to drop something off on one of my days off and I rode my bike in and Starchitect explained that they really liked a sticker on my bike which read' This Bike Is a Pipe Bomb'. I have been chewed out second hand in there presence as well several times.

Dec 7, 06 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I'm really Zaha Hadid.

Dec 7, 06 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
HHNB

It's good to be the King!

Dec 7, 06 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
George Jetson

I was a starchitect in my day.

Dec 7, 06 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I am 1/3 GARWONDLER

Dec 7, 06 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I do projects for the stars

Dec 7, 06 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

nice....mdler!!

Dec 7, 06 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
jbirl

emilyrides- does your starchitect have multiple personalites? i would love to be in that office.
mdler- i have heard of the garwondler, i overheard some people discussin him/it on the subway yesterday. which begs the question: he? it?

Dec 7, 06 9:40 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

I did stars & starz...

jbirl- check out the 'pictures of architecture sucks shirt' thread- your quest for knowledge will be quenched and you will be initiated into the order of the GarwondLer.

Dec 7, 06 10:01 pm  · 
 · 
geimanj

What is the official spelling for the GArwondLer? Is this something that needs to be captured for posterity?

Dec 7, 06 10:08 pm  · 
 · 

I'm a starchitect in the making...or am I?

Dec 7, 06 10:19 pm  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

wait, go back to jbirl.

they just said they heard people discussing the Garwondler on the subway the other day. Doesn't anyone else think that is odd/fantastic/frightening?

I hope they were construction workers or something, is Garwondler a PA now?

Dec 7, 06 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy
Dec 7, 06 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

jbirl, were you in Philly when you heard?

Oh man.

Dec 8, 06 1:11 am  · 
 · 
Katze

oh man is right - subway GarwondLer talk certainly fits the bill of "STARchnect-ers" - damn!

Dec 8, 06 1:31 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

baby baby baby baby oh BABY

Dec 8, 06 7:33 am  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

I must say I too have wondered who/what/it is? that being garwondler! And how do you pronouce his/its name?

talk of it/he/she on the subway sounds awfully wicked! Does our microbial world extend beyond the limits of this site?? I do wonder!

Dec 8, 06 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
jbirl

superheavy-
so i am on the subway in philly (blue line or EL, whichever you prefer to call it) minding my own business, when i overhear a guy and girl discussing archinect...then the garwondler, although they did not mention it/him/his majesty by name...but they described him: the head of a bearded man, architecture sucks t-shirt, and large elephant penis. thier description, not mine. they thought it was funny...the guy promised the girl he would check it out...i was going to butt in on the conversation, but they got off at the next stop...i was going to follow them, thinking maybe they would take me to the garwondler's secret lair, but i had to get to work...

Dec 8, 06 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

jbirl
hahaha, secret lair! I love it.

So he/she/it is some mythical figure?? Im still in the dark about this one!

Dec 8, 06 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
jbirl

which makes me further ponder: what kind of space does this garwondler live in?

Dec 8, 06 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

The Garwondler exists only in the hearts and in the minds of those archinectors who truly believe...

Dec 8, 06 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

ooooooohhhhh Good one!

Or does he/it have a place of his/its own (well he must if he has a lair)
I bet it's a Pimpondler pad, where he takes all the garwondler-groupies!

Dec 8, 06 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Believers, not groupies!!!

Dec 8, 06 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
Queen of England

prince ramus has been seen on archinect

Dec 8, 06 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Garpike, WonderK...

were famous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 min., my ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 8, 06 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I guess you can say that mdler is 'Big in Philly'

Dec 8, 06 7:46 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Oh holy god, it was really overheard on the subway. Oh my goodness!

This is ridiculous. It's like a social experiment. jbirl are you really not making this up?! I cannot believe it. Again, glad that the Garwondler utilizes our best assets.

Dec 8, 06 8:12 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin
Dec 8, 06 8:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: