Archinect
anchor

Canadian Architect relocating to Manhattan

NNA

I am an architect relocating to Manhattan from Toronto, Canada for work January 1st. I need a place for the month of January so I can get settled.

I would prefer to save myself the expense of coming to manhattan to look for a place, and therefore would be willing to take a place site unseen. Assuming of course it's fairly clean and has a door...

I'm male, just turned 30, and am totally laid back and have lived in all sorts of situations in the past from by myself to houses shared with 6 people (guys and girls) to having been a dorm supervisor for 50 girls during my undergrad. My undergrad was in landscape architecture at Guelph in Canada, and my masters was in architecture at UBC in Vancouver, Canada.

I am willing to take a shared situation or my own place anywhere in the south end of Manhattan (my job is in midtown). If I'm sharing I'd prefer it to be with similar aged, like minded people. My price range is pretty negotiable, but I'd like to keep it reasonable, although I undertand that is a matter of perspective in manhattan.

let me if you can help me out, or you have suggestions. I figure being an architect should be good for something, and its a smaller community to try to connect with than all of New York.
Any leads or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

J

Dec 6, 06 4:06 pm
emilyrides

The apartment above me is for rent, it's $1050, and has just been completely redone by my landlord. It's very nice, about 1500 sq. ft. and it has a mirrored wall in the bedroom! The neighborhood is the best thing though. It's Fort Hamilton, which is in Southern Brooklyn, near the water on the Kill Van Kull. It's 4 blocks from the N/R, which is about a 30 minute ride to SoHo in Manhattan (that's where I work so that's why I'm giving that time). Overall it's a steal at that price. If you're interested shoot me an email at:
emilydickinson at gmail dot com and I can put you in touch my landlord. He's a strange dude, but overall a fair man.

Dec 6, 06 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
ferd

craigs list

Dec 7, 06 8:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: