Archinect
anchor

Worked for Westfield in Los Angeles?

3west

Has anyone worked for Westfield in Los Angeles? If so, what is the benefits package like? Is the pay increase worth the lack of design opportunity? Friendly work environment?

thanks...

Dec 6, 06 2:42 pm
JMBarquero/squirrelly

I know/knew some that have worked/are working currently for them. From what I hear you def need to negotiate your sal right off the bat (otherwise you might have more exp. and be making less than someone in the office). Alas, to the benefits, and sal? I hear it's pretty damn good. Full med, dental, vision, + 401K prof sharing (if Im not mistaken) and guaranteed bonus at the end of the year (based on performance - but u still get one). Additionally the salaries are quite high. But as you said, there is a HUGE lack of design (even amongst the designers they have). This is ofcourse my opinion and info is (in this case) 2nd hand.

Dec 6, 06 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
punky_brewster

friend of mine worked there for a while, couldn't take it more than 8 months. with over 8 yr experience, he was over 95k. sometimes money isn't enough.

Dec 7, 06 1:50 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

3w- you sound like a valley girl in the making! all mall, all the time...

Guess westfield pays well enough from the ads they've posted.

Dec 7, 06 9:13 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

But will you get an office next to the Orange Julius?

Dec 7, 06 11:18 am  · 
 · 
archasm

The pay is better than anywhere else. The benefits are pretty good, although there is a co-pay for med and dental insurance. The 401 k is fabulous. The design department is strange. It really varies. Some projects are very nice and others aren't so great. It's important to get on a good team right away. However, it's a good work environment and the hours are very reasonable. But then again, I am a valley girl and I loves me my malls.

Dec 7, 06 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
3west

thank you to everyone that responded.

Soupisgood, do you work there now? How large is the office and can you tell me a little about the team structure?

thanks in advance.

Dec 7, 06 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
archasm

To be honest, I can't really figure out the team structure. It seems a little like a free for all, throwing people on random projects frequenty. But if you don't like what you are doing, tell your v.p. right away before you get too involved in the project. They are nice and will want you to be happy. There are a lot of architects in this office. 60, maybe more?
Where are you coming from?

Dec 7, 06 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
3west

soupisgood-- i sent you an email.

Dec 7, 06 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
archasm

hahaha 3west. i know who you are. dont worry. i wont tell.

Dec 8, 06 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
3west

soupisgood. where do i know you from? did we work together? i know where you went to school, but i'm at a loss...

Dec 8, 06 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
archasm

I used to work where you work now. I believe you are on my bf's team.
Small world, huh?

Dec 8, 06 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
3west

i know who you are now.... i hope you are feeling okay!!! your bf told me you are doing okay. it is a small world!!!

Please don't tell him... we should talk about westfield over email.

Dec 8, 06 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
archasm

my lips are sealed.

Dec 8, 06 6:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: