Archinect
anchor

2007 M. Arch applicants - professional background?

axial753

hi all,

just want to get a sense of the applicants' professional background. please state how many years of work experience, job title, responsibility, etc.

thanks!

Nov 28, 06 5:19 pm
cjacobs

I will have around a year of professional office experience:
One summer internship as intern, mostly spent time on Max, rhino, and Photoshop doing presentation materials for clients. Etc, etc, etc...
Now work in an office that just opened in small community. It is a branch office, with only two people. I have been meeting weekly with clients, builders, and consultants. Basically running the functions of this office (from marketing to construction documents)...only have licensed architect in office once a month for about a week. But just as important...have construction experience...something every damn graduate architecture student should have!!!

Nov 28, 06 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
alfrejas24

I work for a two man shop so basically I'm a
interior designer (went to school for this one)
project designer
project architect
CAD monkey
administrative assistant
office manager
librarian
graphic designer (only cause I know photoshop better than my boss)
and boss needs a cup of coffee from starbucksgo getting guy.

Have worked for him for 2 years, ever since I was a little intern.

Before this I was a
Bar manager
Bartender
Server
HR manager
truck builder (built high-rail trucks, by far the funnest job I've ever had)
production supervisor
light industrial factory worker
nursing home food service employee (aka dishwasher) and
the best lawn mowing kid in Wheeling, Illinois.

Nov 28, 06 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

I've been working as an environmental engineer for 15 years. I make over $100,000/yr. and still want out. Does that help?

Nov 29, 06 4:58 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: