Archinect
anchor

Helping out others

spaghetti

Hey all, i was curious to know if anybody has experience or knowledge in programs which help out underprevilaged people or communities or natiions in building/community development. (does not have o be confined to any continent in particular). ie rural studio or habitat for humanity, but something that i can get myself involved in, Hands on. Ive worked in practice for a few years, and the knowledge gained (architectural/professional) has been amazing, but after attaining this knowledge, i cant help to wonder if these skills can be put into something other than economic benefit for myself or the company for which i work for....

if anybody has experience or informationn, or even discussion...

Nov 20, 06 2:52 pm
perturbanist

peace corps, although there are a lot of tensions between the helpers and the helped at times...they have a city planning-ish sort of program for a lot of countries, and a building one too, I think.

Nov 20, 06 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i'm sure there are community centers/high schools that you can work with.....

there's a high school in detroit that teaches hip hop/breakdancing/video/music production/etc...... the detroit hispanic development center..... i'm thinking about doing something their next year...

2:37am

Nov 25, 06 9:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: