Archinect
anchor

Judgement Day

Chili Davis

I know we have had a multitude of discourse on the pros and cons of both AutoCAD Architectural Desktop and Revit. I have been asked by my office manager to give feedback to aid in determining a long-term recommendation for an operating platform, and their functionality related to work sharing between units. Has anyone experienced the implementation process for one of these tools first hand? Or anyone who has general first hand experience with either of these technologies? The goal would be to give objective feedback as to the functionality, productivity enhancements, and integration requirements for either of the technologies. Thanks!

Nov 14, 06 3:50 pm
silverlake

whew, i thought the rapture was near...

i think revit is the way to go for longterm.

Nov 14, 06 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
tveye52

We ditched the PC and went with VectorWorks on the Mac. You should consider that, too.

Nov 14, 06 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

50 person office, no chance of getting all new Macs. We also have a contract with Autodesk so we will be using one of their products. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Nov 14, 06 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
Nov 14, 06 4:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: