Archinect
anchor

REM's 2nite lecture @ Columbia on YOUTUBE

contemax

to the columbia students in the first row at rems columbia-lecture.

maybe someone of you can bring a small digi-camcorder to shoot the event for the hard working folks out there to set the film online?

...and put the you tube or google video link in the archinect discussions

Nov 10, 06 4:43 pm
vado retro

who the hell goes to a lecture on a friday night???

Nov 10, 06 6:07 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

whats the frequency, kenneth?

Nov 10, 06 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
Nov 10, 06 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

kenneth frampton

Nov 10, 06 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
Nov 10, 06 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
Nov 10, 06 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
Nov 10, 06 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
Nov 10, 06 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

what was the question?

Nov 10, 06 6:23 pm  · 
 · 
mrfletchersevil

lol mdler. Yes someone should definitely do this....posting rem's lecture would be really cool, would earn mad respect in the archinect hood...

Nov 10, 06 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

I agree - if someone could film this that would be fab-u-lous :)

Nov 10, 06 9:21 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

vado, you just ain't cool if you ain't at Friday lectures.

In fact I may be lecturing later this evening...

Nov 10, 06 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

I saw garpikes presentation tonight...it was fab-u-lous

Nov 11, 06 12:09 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

packed house!!

Nov 11, 06 9:51 am  · 
 · 
ghostgone

The lecture was pretty interesting last night. The audience was treated to some of Mr. Koolhaas's one-line answers to multi-part questions as well as the zealous youth of Ole Scheeren. Things got a little intense at the end when Rem, after being asked about the cultural reflections ( or lack of) of the CCTV tower, responded: (paraphrase) " We dont design for the governments of China, or Asia, or European flash, or American arsonists..."

Once again though, Wigley showed immeasurable class by remarking that such a massive project deserves criticism and comment and deflty closing the lecture...

all in all, a really good time.

also, Steven Holl was turning the thumbscrews a bit by asking about the massive MEP draw of such a building to which Rem replied " Of course we thought about it, but we had other things to focus on." or something dismissive like that...

anyone else there who can fill in the gaps? I was admittedly a little delirious (pun) from work.

Nov 11, 06 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
maya mcdifference

hehe. you should address this specifically to those who weren't asleep in the first fow at rem's lecture...not a bad lecture, just really tired students.

Nov 11, 06 8:28 pm  · 
 · 
6nuew

what is MEP draw?

Nov 11, 06 9:47 pm  · 
 · 
orEqual

Being in a simulcast room, I didn't get my chance to ask Rem what time it was during the awkward moment when he decided to take off his watch.

Nov 11, 06 10:18 pm  · 
 · 

i wondered the same, manug, and maybe ghostgone can clarify, but i guessed that maybe he was referring to the energy use implications (mech, elec, plmbg) of this glass twist with lots of surface area. ??

Nov 12, 06 7:44 am  · 
 · 
ease

did anybody film this lecture and maybe can put it on youtube?

Nov 13, 06 4:53 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: