Archinect
anchor

Green Architects out there?

nRyArch

Hello. I just started a new website called www.greenarchitectureproducts.com and I have a database I am starting that will list architects who specialize in green design. If anyone knows of any please let me know. The website is:

Visit My Website

Oct 29, 06 5:04 pm
anarchitech

Hawaii- Ferraro Choi
Seattle- Mithun
San Francisco- (last I was there, they were trying to be) Esherick Homsey Dodge and Davis

Oct 30, 06 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
nRyArch

anarchitech,

Thanks for the info. I will check them out and then add them to the site under the correct states they are in.

COME EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE POST SOME SUSTAINABLE DESIGN FIRMS. I KNOW THERE ARE A LOT OUT THERE!!!

Oct 30, 06 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

this is a pretty good site that has alot of susstainable firms and manufactures - there are also just plain old sustainable businesses in there too.
-but its only listings in berkeley, CA

-todd jersey architecture - berkeley
-noll and tam architects - berkeley
-fox and fowle - NY, NY

Oct 30, 06 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES
oh how bout that link!
Oct 30, 06 10:54 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

heres another link with a few firms
Oct 30, 06 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
LostInSpace

I am an architect and I have recently dyed my skin green to avoid any confusion - please count me in.

Oct 31, 06 12:41 am  · 
 · 
nRyArch

Do you have any pictures of yourself dyed green so I can use them for our logo? Seriously! :-)

Oct 31, 06 12:49 am  · 
 · 
Rim Joist

Plus if it helps, I can also provide a list of very "green" architects in the sense that they are not very experienced. And, I can make a really crazy long list of architects that are insanely "green" in the jealous sense of the word.

Yep. here to help.

Oct 31, 06 11:56 am  · 
 · 
nRyArch

We are more looking for architects who specialize in sustainable design. I think you knew that though. Mainly I am looking for some people who be interested in being editors for the website.

Thanks!

Oct 31, 06 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

I MIGHT B INTERESTED - WHAT WOULD THE EDITING ENTAIL???

Oct 31, 06 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
nRyArch

weAREtheSTONES ,

I am looking for people who would be interested in writing about sustainable architecture to be posted to the site. Either about new products or how to design more green or news...etc...

Let me know what you would like to contribute. I was thinking of having a page like archinect has that shows a thumbnail and has a brief description about each editor.

Nov 1, 06 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
nRyArch
www.GreenArchitectureProducts.com

is a new website which is dedicated to information on sustainable architecture.

We are taking a poll:

If people could help by answering the following questions it would be appreciated a lot:

1.) What interests you about sustainable architecture?

2.) What would you like to see from us?

3.) We are also asking people to submit ideas for a new name for the site. Something like www.archigreen.com or something similar. That name is already taken though.

We want to actually not just specialize in architectural products but anything to do with sustainable architecture.

Thanks from,

GreenArchitectureProducts.com

Nov 1, 06 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
Rim Joist

Fine. I'll let all these jealous and inexperienced guys know the gig's off.

Nov 1, 06 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

it's great that you're starting a new website, but did you really need to start three threads on it? seems like a quick way to turn people off.

there are several books you could look at on sustainable design..
(obviously.)

http://www.amazon.com/Cradle-Remaking-Way-Make-Things/dp/0865475873/sr=8-1/qid=1162402982/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-7869493-4128667?ie=UTF8&s=books

there's another on innovative materials that i can't think of at the moment.

Nov 1, 06 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

I think that if you realy are serious then these are the times, when 'Green architecture and new visions had no better oppotunity. That's I guess why Larslarson say ; "There's another on innovative materials that i can't think of at the moment." -- There are more options, and that is that 'Green strat realise, that without innovation green alway's will be seen as a hippie product. But it don't have to stay that way acturly, nothing is better than a green view ,to innovate the new materials for the new architecture, the green and digital.

Nov 1, 06 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
nRyArch

Thanks so much for all the positive feedback. Vindpust made some great comments. Please keep them coming!

Nov 1, 06 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

i thought this was pretty cool -FLY ASH-
-the waste that is produced from burning coal(which is put in the dumps) is mixed in with cement and mortar
-cement is made by burning limestone into a powder, so substitutingfly ash reduces both landfills and carbon-dioxide emissions.
- I believe theres a synthetic gypsum wall board that is made from a similar coal-plant waste product.

Nov 1, 06 11:38 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

BTW i really suck at writing so im probobly not the guy for the job
1-creating an enviornment that neither comprimises nature or humans
-decreasing our dependence on foriegn oil
2-every possible ALTERNITIVE product on the market available on a website...and where to get (website, or listing the specs right there on ur site)

3-GREEN TANK - ALTERNITIVLY GREEN - NEWCLEAR(NUCLEAR) ENERGIES - THE GREEN ALTERNITIVE

-ILL THINK OF MORE

Nov 1, 06 11:46 pm  · 
 · 
nRyArch

Thanks weAREtheSTONES...you have given a lot of great feedback. Someone recommended the name Archi-Green and surprisingly enough it was not taken so www.greenarchitectureproducts.com will soon transition into http://archi-green.com/

Archi-Green is sustainability through architecture. So the new site will be covering a lot more. This will free it up to work on more than just products. That is a great suggestion though to have all of the alternative products on the market posted to the site. That is definitely a goal we hope to achieve.

Stay tuned for the new site. It is going to be slow getting up so please be patient and keep the creativity of information coming. Thanks to everyone from the NEW Archi-Green! Anyone interested in becoming a correspondent please send a message through the website with your contact info.

Nov 2, 06 12:04 am  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES
http://transstudio.com/tm/
this link is similiar to what ur trying to do

keep me posted with anything else i can do!

Nov 2, 06 3:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: