Archinect
anchor

Photoshop CS2 + Large PDF File = System Crash

Mc Taco

Hey guys... I need help bad! I am working on this project.

I cleaned all the drivers on my graphics card and reinstalled them. For some reason I think it might be the graphics card but Im not sure anymore.

I am working with AutoCAD and creating PDF files that are 24" x 36".

When I go to Photoshop CS2 and open them up the settings are at 72 resolution and 8 bit color which is horrible. So I bump it to 16 bit and resolution at 300. Everytime I try these settings it crashes this system. With similar applications on my laptop... it works perfecftly fine with no hesistation. Windows is telling me its a driver issue but thats all I am getting. Help me please!!!!!!!

My System:
AMD X2 4400+ Stock Cooling
DFI nF4 Ultra-D Bios 623-3
VisonTek ATi X850XT Xtasy
WD 74GB Raptor in SATA
Maxtor 300GB in SATA/150
2GB Kingston 3200 Dual Channel 400MHZ
OCZ Powerstream PSU

Oct 25, 06 12:33 pm
James Meyer

depending on the file type you are desiring try just opening the file in acrobat and use "save as" to save it as an image file (jpg tif etc and so forth) then open it in photoshop... ortherwise try putting it into illustrator and saving it as a psd etc from there.

it might help to know what these files are (plans, etc) to allow people to give some more specific advice

Oct 25, 06 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
thinkG

dont set it to 16 bit, keep it at 8 bit but bumb the resolution to like 300 or 400, should be fine

Oct 25, 06 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
crowbert

Umm, you could just use your laptop - plus its a pretty good reason to head home at 3pm too. Sorry boss, gotta convert those files...

Oct 25, 06 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

your computer is fast enough.

yes you just need to do it 300 dpi and 8 bit
it might look crappy, but once you put a layer of white below your drawing, it should be fine

Oct 25, 06 3:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: