Archinect
anchor

Maya Export plugins?

perturbanist

Hi,

I'm looking for a plugin to export maya 7 to illustrator...

.eps, .ai,... whatever as long as it's vector.
anybody have a source?

I've found one plug but it's for maya 5, it doesn't work.

gacias

Oct 22, 06 2:15 pm
rehiggins

I believe you can use the vector/toon renderer for this so there's no need for a plugin

Oct 22, 06 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
two-headed boy

there is a standard maya plugin that you should just have to load through the plug in manager. I think its called mayavector?? You just make sure you set your file type to .ai in your global settings window. Then when it renders just close/delete the line drawing it gives you. Then in your global settings window there is a listing of a default place where it saves temporary rendering files. Go there and your illustrator file will be there waiting. It comes through as vector info in Illustrator.

Oct 22, 06 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

just read through the manual and confirmed that you can export swf, AI and eps using the vector renderer

Oct 22, 06 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
perturbanist

Maybe I'm a complete moron, but this only gives me raster images (jpgs in.eps format)...not vectors...No?

Oct 22, 06 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
grid

The best way is to save the maya file as an .iges then import that to Rhino. Save the Rhino file as a .ai file and you're as good as gold. Hopefully you have Rhino.

Oct 22, 06 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
perturbanist

Something Over There...

you da man!

gracias!
( hey look, I rolled the R this time)

Oct 22, 06 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
grid

no problem

Oct 22, 06 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

perturbanist-- I don't know how you're working, but I just tried a quick vector render to an .ai file and got vectors.

you could also try exporting the file once you get it into rhino to AutoCAD and plot an .eps file from there--that way you'd get lineweights.

Oct 22, 06 7:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: