Archinect
anchor

Thought du Jour

oe

Heres a place for all those brilliantly idiotic random thoughts you forget the moment you imagine them:

Todays random thought:

If humans had evolved with more than one mouth, it stands to reason they would had evolved with a commensurate number of consciousnesses.

Oct 19, 06 12:42 am
Sotthi

"Because truth lays beyond the reach of the intellect,
we can't use words for it."
-- M a h á b h â r a t a

Oct 19, 06 5:45 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place: from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape...
— Pablo Picasso

Oct 19, 06 7:46 am  · 
 · 
Our strategy was to insert a dynamic fluid-based waste-management technology that would act as an on-demand interface between the body of the occupant and the public infrastructure of the urban environment

– anonymous architect’s description of a toilet installation

Oct 19, 06 8:01 am  · 
 · 

ok ok. how about this one?

Every beautiful piece of architecture has survived its original appearance, purpose, and function, and many have served many functions successively. The right of an architectural work to last – and finally, its right to be – lies only in its beauty and not in its function. For it assumes a new function – beauty. Beauty is the most resistant structure and the most resistant material. – Gio Ponti

Oct 19, 06 8:04 am  · 
 · 
The real architects are the young ones, regardless of age, with continuing enthusiasm, imagination, industry, inventiveness, curiosity and dedication to architecture for all people as their reason for being ... By such examples we continue to renew faith in the creative spirit and its potentials.

–Bruce Goff

Oct 19, 06 8:05 am  · 
 · 
cf

Kolik jazykůu znáš, tolikrát jsi čclověekem.

You live a new life for every new language you speak.
If you know only one language, you live only once.
(Czech proverb)

There is a similar and much better Arab saying, but I can't find it at the moment.

Oct 19, 06 8:40 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

Dont know who wrote this, think it was Nietzsche.I really love it

" Weeds, Decay and weathered ,broken discoloured stones shall be the future of your this magnificient architectural creation."

Oct 19, 06 10:00 am  · 
 · 
AP
...form because it looks good is like a beautiful flower that smells like horseshit and pisses in your face when you smell it.

-betadinesutures ...

Oct 19, 06 10:36 am  · 
 · 
Chili Davis
At first I thought, if I were Superman, a perfect secret identity would be "Clark Kent, Dentist," because you could save money on tooth X-rays. But then I thought, if a patient said, "How's my back tooth?" and you just looked at it with your X-ray vision and said, "Oh it's okay," then the patient would probably say, "Aren't you going to take an X-ray, stupid?" and you'd say, "Aw fuck you, get outta here," and then he probably wouldn't even pay his bill.

--Jack Handy

Oct 19, 06 10:40 am  · 
 · 
oe

These were supposed to be original thoughts by you, not quotes,.. but, what can you do all my threads seem to fail....

*sigh*

Oct 19, 06 10:43 am  · 
 · 
cf

"we needs to sit down and communicate on this"

It's mine now (cf)

Oct 19, 06 11:46 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

AP, does that mean i am brilliantly idiotic?

...just to clarify in case i am being an idiot; form for form's sake, i.e. i want to do sexy forms because they look cool and get me off, are a waste of time and a waste of beauty. after all at the end of the day a beautiful woman/man with pea brain really isn't that interesting and is simple waste of the creator's efforts.

Oct 19, 06 11:57 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

beer!

or

interview?

Oct 19, 06 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

beer!

Oct 19, 06 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

beer it is.

cheers!

Oct 19, 06 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
z|o|o|m

It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames.
-- Harry Hill

Oct 19, 06 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
AP

beta - i love the comment, and I agree with the sentiment entirely.

so - brilliantly hilarious and on point (especially given the discussion on the young lad's schoolblog).

Oct 19, 06 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
Queen of England

"Bla bla bla"

-Dianna Abdala

Oct 19, 06 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
pix

If she's wearing black, you just wear black. Matching is not her job. It's yours. You're the purse.

Oct 19, 06 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
sedrik

step into my strange garden
the table is set

a feast of friends

Oct 24, 06 10:13 am  · 
 · 
Sotthi

lol@Embiguous, that is so funny

---

“But it is the joint, the “space between” which is your weapon."

- Sverre Fehn: The Poetry of the Straight Line

Tao says:
Thirty spokes share the wheel's hub;
It is the center hole that makes it useful.
Shape clay into a vessel;
It is the space within that makes it useful.

Nov 2, 06 11:52 am  · 
 · 
Sotthi

@cf, there is also the disadvantage of knowing many languages:

"To learn many languages fills the memory with words instead of with facts and ideas, even though in every man, memory is a vessel that can take in only a certain limited amount of content. Also, learning many languages is harmful in that it makes a man believe he is accomplished, and actually does lend a certain seductive prestige in social intercourse; it also does harm indirectly by undermining his acquisition of well-founded knowledge and his intention to earn men's respect in an honest way. Finally, it is the ax laid to the root of any finer feeling for language within the native tongue; that is irreparably damaged and destroyed. The two peoples who produced the greatest stylists, the Greeks and the French, did not learn any foreign languages.—" -Nietzsche

Nov 2, 06 11:58 am  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

'i won't'

sums up a lot

Nov 3, 06 8:29 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i gave a friend a set of knives as a wedding gift to serve as a reminder for them to control their tempers when arguing...

Nov 19, 06 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

--Jack Handy

Nov 20, 06 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
24out1in

setting up one's mouse whereas the 4th button (near your thumb) acts as the 'escape' button allows one to draft one handed all day.

Dec 1, 06 11:07 am  · 
 · 
24out1in

"(near your thumb)"

-assuming you're right-handed

Dec 1, 06 11:10 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: