Archinect
anchor

3/4 view ariel website

SuperHeavy

I know we had a thread about this awhile back, i've searched, i couldn't find it.
What is the website with the sweet airplane flyovers of major metro areas?

Oct 18, 06 3:03 pm
SuperHeavy

ariel = aerial

Oct 18, 06 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff
http://local.live.com/
Oct 18, 06 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

the birds eyes views are really kool as well as being able to draw on the maps - but the plan view aerials kinda suck - i think google earth is a little better

-also theres a book that you can get at borders or barnes and noble that has aerials of new york city which are as crisp as you could possibly get them...dont know if they have other cities aerials in book format

Oct 18, 06 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

yeah i went to that ariel site and all i found was stuff about sylvia plath...

Oct 18, 06 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

hasselhoff, was that a good link or your equivalent to the 'try google' bot? because I still can't get there.

Oct 18, 06 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

That's a good link. You have to zoom into a region that has the "Bird's Eye" view avaiable first.

For example the Carpenter Center

Some areas have better coverage than others and might only have views from one direction or all four.

Oct 18, 06 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

In my opinion Microsoft blew google out of the water buying up the "bird's eye" views. I've done several jobs where these have saved the day. Gates has to do a much better job publicizing it though. Some of the developers I've shown it to have been amazed that they haven't heard of it.

Oct 18, 06 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

had to open it in explorer rather than firefox.

thanks.

Oct 18, 06 6:58 pm  · 
 · 
todd

opened in firefox 1.5 for me

Oct 19, 06 5:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: