Archinect
anchor

vray for rhino, academic

not_here

I went to the agsvis site, and even emailed them about it, but i haven't been able to get my hands on anyone selling it, the academic version of vray for rhino.
any pointers?

Oct 13, 06 11:58 pm
Hasselhoff

That's how I did it. It's like one guy that emails you back. He might be on vacation or something. What will happen is he will email you back, tell you to create an account. You have to send him a copy of your school ID via email. Then he will create a link in your account to buy the academic version. Then you just download it. It's only 11 MB. Once the ball is rolling it takes maybe 15-20 minutes total. I think they are still working out an automated system.

Oct 14, 06 10:59 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

Also, try emailing Corey Rubadue directly. That's the person I dealt with. [email protected] I should really get commission. I've turned so many people on to this software. I gave a presentation to my visual studies class and they all thought it was pretty fly.

Oct 14, 06 11:02 am  · 
 · 
not_here

ok now i feel kind of bad...
i had been testing out maxwell and vray...
and maxwell has resulted in some stunning images + the materials library kinda sold me...

it also happens to be less expensive for students: http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=117860&sid=87337213791a54a447f90ff2914ed9c2

in the end, for 300 bucks, ill be getting a 1000$ piece of software... and it's 99$ a year WITH UPDATES :-D

Oct 15, 06 9:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: