Archinect
anchor

Creating Page Layouts in AAD?

archMONSTER

I know stupid question but Im new to Architectural Desktop... and thought it would be like Autocad. How do you create new Page Layouts / Tabs on the bottom for different page sizes / layouts / etc.. ?

Thanks!

Oct 12, 06 8:46 pm
two-headed boy

from the insert menu select layout > new layout.
or right click on the layout tab and select new layout. you can also select move or copy from here to copy and existing layout...

Oct 13, 06 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
archMONSTER

Hmmm.... Im still having issues. Can't find it in the insert menu... and when I right click the the layout tab area nothing happens...

Oct 14, 06 12:24 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i won't do this again, next time click the help button and check autodesk support...

Autodesk Architectural Desktop
Layout tabs missing from 2007-based products

Published date: 2006-06-05
ID: TS1056365

Applies to:
AutoCAD® 2007
AutoCAD® Electrical 2007
AutoCAD® Mechanical 2007
Autodesk® Architectural Desktop 2007
Autodesk® Building Systems 2007
Autodesk® Land Desktop 2007
Autodesk® Mechanical Desktop® 2007
Issue

When you opened a 2007-based product, you did not see the tabs of all page layouts in the file and you were not able to switch to a paperspace layout.

Solution

The ability to hide or show layout tabs has been added to 2007-based products. The hidden or visible status of the tabs is controlled in the CUI. This setting can be set from either the CUI dialog box or the main drawing screen.

To modify the setting in the CUI.

1. At the command prompt, enter CUI.
2. Select the workspace you want to change.
3. In the Customize User Interface dialog box, under Properties, set the value of the Model/Layout tabs in the Display section as required (Graphic 1).

Graphic 1

To modify the setting from the status bar, right-click near the icons on the status bar (Graphic 2). Click Display Layout and ModelTabs.

Oct 14, 06 8:22 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i won't do this again, next time click the help button and check autodesk support...

Autodesk Architectural Desktop
Layout tabs missing from 2007-based products

Published date: 2006-06-05
ID: TS1056365

Applies to:
AutoCAD® 2007
AutoCAD® Electrical 2007
AutoCAD® Mechanical 2007
Autodesk® Architectural Desktop 2007
Autodesk® Building Systems 2007
Autodesk® Land Desktop 2007
Autodesk® Mechanical Desktop® 2007
Issue

When you opened a 2007-based product, you did not see the tabs of all page layouts in the file and you were not able to switch to a paperspace layout.

Solution

The ability to hide or show layout tabs has been added to 2007-based products. The hidden or visible status of the tabs is controlled in the CUI. This setting can be set from either the CUI dialog box or the main drawing screen.

To modify the setting in the CUI.

1. At the command prompt, enter CUI.
2. Select the workspace you want to change.
3. In the Customize User Interface dialog box, under Properties, set the value of the Model/Layout tabs in the Display section as required (Graphic 1).

Graphic 1

To modify the setting from the status bar, right-click near the icons on the status bar (Graphic 2). Click Display Layout and ModelTabs.

Oct 14, 06 8:24 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

see that i did it twice! damn you!

Oct 14, 06 8:42 am  · 
 · 
archMONSTER

Thanks you soooooo much! lol

I did go through the Help part of Autodesk but didnt find a solution! Is there a online source that is availabe if I need help?

Oct 14, 06 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
archMONSTER

Thanks you soooooo much! lol

I did go through the Help part of Autodesk but didnt find a solution! Is there a online source that is availabe if I need help?

Oct 14, 06 3:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: