Archinect
anchor

Frederick Fisher & Partners- opinions?

Salt Mine

I just moved to LA and am looking for work. Does anyone know anything about Frederick Fisher & Partners?

Sep 12, 06 12:07 am
sameolddoctor

when i interviewed, 4 years ago, they had a SERIOUSLY hot receptionist. Chit-chatted with her many times.

seriously though, i think they are one of the better firms in the LA area, by which i mean they have a serious commitment to design, and at the same time dont rip off interns....at least they'd given me a pretty good offer back in the day when i was fresh out of school. Too bad I'd already started working elsewhere....the work atmosphere is also pretty good and friendly.

Sep 12, 06 1:07 am  · 
 · 
Salt Mine

thanks for the info- that was my sense too. Has anyone actually worked there?

Sep 13, 06 11:37 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

do they still have the hot receptionist? if yes, do they have another opening?

Sep 13, 06 11:51 am  · 
 · 

i know they do a lot of loft/condos and fred fisher bought the quincy jones' office building which originally was designed as an architect's office. just for the building its worth it, i suppose. of course recepcionist makes it even better. they have fallen of the radar a little. but that doesn't mean a thing. i am glad to hear they treat their architects well.
go for it. fred fisher partners know los angeles pretty well and that's always a good start for a young architect.

Sep 13, 06 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

isn't everyone seriously hot in L.A.?????

Sep 13, 06 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

yes vado - i had to leave because i'm not.

btw, i really admire fisher's work and office.
too bad oki dog down the street closed down.

Sep 13, 06 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

vado, you got it wrong - everyone in california is hot

Sep 13, 06 2:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: