Archinect
anchor

autocad 2007 glitches

snooker

Do you have an Autocad 2007 glitch you would share with one trying to decide if he wants to make the leap.

Sep 7, 06 2:52 pm
garpike

Not like Rhino enough.

Sep 7, 06 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

ProgramError:AutoCAD 2007 $3,997

Sep 7, 06 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
archiphreak

every version of autocad has glitches...that's why they call it autocad. make the leap. it's worth it. lots of new modeling capabilities and if you can find the serial cracks for it, the cd that you get from autodesk has all of the platforms on it (i.e. 3d max, maya, cad, revit, etc). all you need are the corresponding serials for each platform.

Ciao.

Sep 7, 06 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
rootseven

i know Revit has (parametric data) sp?. does cad2007 do that yet? we might have made a mistake buying it instead of revit.

Sep 7, 06 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
beatbox

another glitch: the revised xref manager dialogue box.

Sep 7, 06 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i have come across a problem when i insert from copy paste or use x-lines i have to flatten objects or lines as though they exist somewhere in the z-axis, even though they don't...that pisses me off and have yet to see this on the 2007 discussion groups and i am too lazy to call autodesk.

Sep 7, 06 6:52 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Revit, which is now owned by AutoDesk, is not AutoCAD and vice versa. Apples and Oranges.

Sep 7, 06 6:59 pm  · 
 · 
jitter12

Just use "classicxref", and you can get the old xref manager, i think. But you're right, it sucks.

Sep 8, 06 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

i like the new X-REF manager!
what are the 2007 discussion groups? how can i get in on that?
i hate how all the tool palettes and project navigator and properties flyouts take up so much room on my screen.

Sep 8, 06 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

rhino and autocad are 2 different animals. However powerful Rhino is, one still need to learna 2d program, like autocad (even though autocad has 3d, its not as good as rhino for sure), or vectorworks or microstation.

Sep 8, 06 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

my perpendicular snap wont work...want 2004 back

Jan 29, 07 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
shaner

i hate the new xref manager aswell and....
the worst is that holding shift BEFORE you scroll, (usually to pan Ortho style) but now you have to start panning, then press shift or it does a 3D rotate, and its terrible cuz you will 3D rotate lots of times when you dont mean too. and instead of panning through items by pressing CTRL you need to use shift and space and it works kinda crappy.. so im not fond of those things but besides that its great..

if you have a subscription, you might aswell install it, IF you do not, dont bother unless you are upgrading from r13 or somthing

Jan 29, 07 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
archiphreak

stephanie, just right-click on the flyout and set it to "autohide". i have sheet set, properties and xref flyouts on my screen and each one takes up less than a 1/4" projection from the side. i also have all of my transparencies set so i can see through it all as well. the xref manager is a little bit of a pain in the ass compared to 2006, and i have the same problem with placing x-lines and copy/paste needing to be flattened. but, with any program there are glitches in the matrix. no one's coding is perfect.

Jan 30, 07 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
tidalwave1

people at my office complain about the new xref manager too! my problem is that i've been going back and forth between revit and acad2007. so i'm totally confused. new projects in revit cleaning up old stuff in autocrap. one question, has anyone else had any trouble running the "what's new" tutorial in acad2007? or is it just the crazy it people at my office that can't seem to get it to work???

Jan 30, 07 8:40 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Are there any easter eggs in AutoCAD 2006 or 2007?

Jan 30, 07 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

None that I can find (online). They have to keep those credits somewhere...

Jan 30, 07 11:29 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

For those curious:

in 2005:
LAYER command
Hold shift + ctrl and check the inverse filter box.

in 2004:
COLOR command
Find color 152 (AutoCAD blue) and hold ctrl and click the color.

Wooo!

Jan 30, 07 11:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: