Archinect
anchor

do you remember this book?

alicat

I came upon this book in a store about 5 years ago, but can not remember the author or title, and web searches are turning up nothing but the "bent ply" book. Can you help? Please??

The book had a wooden cover either out of MDF or plywood.
It had a name along the lines of recycle or reuse, though I am a little fuzzy on that.
It contained wonderful samples of people using off the shelf materials in differing areas. Things like building materials in a domestic situations.

In particular I remember a off the shelf glass house being used as a bedroom in a warehouse.

if you know the name of the book, please make my day and let me know. It is bugging me!!!!!!

Sep 6, 06 7:21 am

i assume that this is what you're talking about... it was incredibly difficult to find... went to amazon and searched for "bent ply"

Bent Ply by Dung Ngo & Eric Pfeiffer

Sep 6, 06 9:56 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

architphil, I think alicat is saying s/he keeps searching and finding "bent ply" and that is NOT the one s/he wants.

Sep 6, 06 10:20 am  · 
 · 

oops... sorry... excuse my snarkiness... that's what i get for skimming the post while buzzing on cold medication...

i'm not sure what book you might be talking about alicat... my bibliophile mind is drawing a blank at the moment (result of the cold medication)...

Sep 6, 06 10:44 am  · 
 · 
Auguste Perret

Do any of these ring a bell:

Houses; Recycling, Reconfiguring, Rebuilding

Redux - Designs That Reuse, Recycle and Reveal

Recycled Spaces - Converting Buildings into Homes

Sep 6, 06 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
alicat

No worries architphill, about the snarkiness... :)

Checked out the titles from Auguste, but NBG. however though do "sound" like they are in the right area
Will keep searching and let you know if I find it!!!

Should of bought it when I had the chance :(

Sep 6, 06 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
alicat

Ladies and gentleman we have success.

The book is Rethink by Tom Dixon.
MDF cover was first edition, pink soft cover from then on. Black cover available on amazon.com.

The search is off, the mdf search is now on! :)

Thanks so much for your help in rejigging the brain cells.

Sep 6, 06 8:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: