Archinect
anchor

Illuminated glass floor systems

tc79

I'm looking for underlit or edgelit floor systems similar to Arclighting's "System Tread", (See http://www.arclighting.com), preferably a system available in the U.S. (read UL approved).
The square footage is fairly large and in a high traffic area.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Aug 31, 06 12:01 pm
mdler

Not quite what you were looking for, but....

http://www.colorkinetics.com/ls/rgb/tile/

can run video on it

Aug 31, 06 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
raj

for a large amount i assume it will be quite cost prohibitive...but i would assume the least expensive way is to spec it all seperately...
glass, integrated structure, inexpensive flourescent ...or high end fiber optics.

Aug 31, 06 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

smart slab

Aug 31, 06 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

think about maintenece issues...go with fiber optics of LEDs, which last longer (or in the case of fiber optics can be remotely located)

Aug 31, 06 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
tc79

Price is not the issue, yet.
We've done suspended glass flooring systems with light cavities. Right now I'm trying to research alternates that have a lower profile. The Arclighting system only requires a 3 1/2" recess, whereas a site built system would be about 12".

Aug 31, 06 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
tc79

jasoncross, Thanks. The smart slab system looks interesting, but the site seems short on details. Have you used this system on a project? How and where?

Aug 31, 06 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

the color kinetics can operate in a 1-1/2" dimension

Aug 31, 06 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
tc79

mdler, Thanks,also. Have you used this product?

Aug 31, 06 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I havent myself, but colorkinetics are the best LED lighting systems on the market..probably going to use the tiles for an illuminated bar

Aug 31, 06 1:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: