Archinect
anchor

biennale-

headed to the biennale , but only have a day there- any suggestions or tips?

Aug 29, 06 5:35 pm
c

sorry , clarification: venice , architecture bienniale -

Aug 29, 06 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
boca

i am also headed there for only a day. i would appreciate all info. i am also interested in inexpensive overnight accomodations. (ie. hostel)

Aug 29, 06 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

figure out where the various installations are within the city so you can walk your way towards the garden and the main exhibit while also passing by these special installations and exhibits...

for accomodations look around padova if you have hard time getting one in venice...about an hour train ride away...great train ride into the city...

Aug 29, 06 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
AP

with only a day, it may be difficult to see both the Giardini and the Arsenale. tough call if you pick just one. I suppose you could always take your time in the Giardini and breeze through the Arsenale (or vice-versa)... keep that in mind.

i 2nd dammson's idea of taking a calculated route from the train station (presumably) to the other end of the island where the exhibits are...

if you've been to Venice before and the Biennale is the focus of this particular visit, maybe hop on a vaporetto and enjoy the ride around the periphery, directly to your desination...

have a great time.

Aug 29, 06 7:45 pm  · 
 · 
mar_

I think you need something like 3 days to see the whole thing. I'do go for the Arsenale and just buy the catalogues for the rest. Make sure you get the copy in the right languange because they tend to put the heaps with the ones in english under the label italian and vice versa.
Just one day for the Giardini if it's like 2 years ago, although this year there will be Koolhaas so it may be more worth it...It's beautiful and if you have not been there again maybe you should check that instead of the Arsenale.I don't know...And there's also the bookshop by...well, I think it's Rogers...or Piano?Not sure but still it's cute!Oh, and don't even thing to get a sandwich from that lame cafe of the Italian pavillion in the Giardini...3.80 euros for a bun with 2 (yes! 2!) slices of salume di Milano.
Have dinner at the Ostaria a la Campana!!!It's in Calle dei Fabbri just off Piazza San Marco. It's not cheap but compared to the rest...It's value for money, the food is very good and the portions on the large side. And all the Italians go there so...
I stayed at a hotel in Piazza San Marco that was ok but still 150 euros/night. Definitely not worth the money but a good location. I actually think there's a hostel very close to the Arsenale, practically next door but check first.

Aug 29, 06 9:29 pm  · 
 · 
c

boca I stayed in a hostel there once, cheap + shappy - but central - will see if i can find it for you - i'm on a tight schedual and don't know as i'm stying the night - the few times i;ve been to V I've gotten so lost - pleasantly lost , but this time i want to zap in and out - and hope i don't spend too much time lost . If you've the time the peggy gugenheim is very worth it. (and of course all others )

Aug 29, 06 10:04 pm  · 
 · 
c

boca- I think this was is it was called archies rooms . super cheap , fallingdown highceilinged affair with bushy tailed college students. But you don't pay much .
http://www.bugeurope.com/reviews/Italy/Veneto/Venice/it068/index.htm

if you're a grown up please don't take offence at the reccomendation .

Aug 30, 06 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
athenaeum

must check out canada's entry - the 'sweaterlodge'.
the largest ever polarfleece.
designed by very fun boutique firm, Pechet and Robb.

Sep 2, 06 5:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: