Archinect
anchor

Online woodshop

fulcrum

A friend of mine told me that if you go to www.emachineshop.com and send them your CAD file, they will fabricate the metal piece for you. I was wondering, is there any online woodshop that does same thing as this eMachineshop does (send your CAD file, and fabricate WOOD piece for you)?

thanks.

Aug 29, 06 8:33 am
garpike

I have heard of this. Pretty damn cool.

Aug 29, 06 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

we've been just waiting for a project to come along that we could use them for

Aug 29, 06 1:01 pm  · 
 · 

emachineshop is pretty interesting, the software they have is alright. the problem I had with the app was with troubleshooting your design if there are tooling problems, as I found the feedback the software gives kinda crappy. I ended up taking a machine tooling course and learning how to do basic machining work myself.

typically woodworking is more "hands on" than machining and requires a bit more operator skill. not sure how much you could trust an e-shop, but I'm sure theres gotta be something out there.

Aug 29, 06 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

sweet..i can finally get that piece for my nuclear warhead fabricated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Aug 29, 06 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
fulcrum

I agree with you, Pixelw; woodworking definitely requires "hands on," but living in a city and working 60/wk totally kills any of my freetime, if there's any. I just need to make multiple number of one simple component... I guess I'm talking about mass-producing here.

Aug 29, 06 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

mdler, a deodorant bottle? Those are pretty easy to find.

Duh.

Aug 29, 06 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

you best be careful, garpike

Im going to have a nuclear weapon!!!!!!!!!!

Archinect Cold War '06

Aug 29, 06 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
ClemsonDnB

emachineshop can fabricate wood parts. they are not only metal, they work with a variety of materials. link

Aug 29, 06 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
fulcrum

Oh, I see. That's awesome. Thanks, ClemsonDnB! (Man, I feel stupid)

Aug 29, 06 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

mdler, your bomb will make us all smell April Fresh (longer than the leading brand).

Aug 29, 06 6:58 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: