Archinect
anchor

please help!! handel architects (nyc) or gehry model shop

cloak and dagger

anyone work for Handel architects, or have an oppinion of them? I'm trying to decide between Handel with some responsibilty and more money...or gehry model shop and less money? Which will help further the career better (IDP already complete)?

thanks so much for any info!

Aug 28, 06 9:49 pm
futureboy

handel's office has some very good people there...from my experience (worked jointly on a project with their office from inside their office for about 9 mos.) of course that was 6 years ago. but definitely they are head squarely on their shoulder KPF offshoot (handel was a senior associate at KPF before heading off on his own).
i can't comment on the Gehry model shop idea, although i have had a few friends through there. it always seemed like a good stopover on the way to something bigger and brighter. are you already in new york, in LA or deciding between the two cities?
its really a question of what type of path you're trying to clear. Handel = large scale projects experience. gehry = artistic boutique practice.

Aug 28, 06 10:59 pm  · 
 · 
cloak and dagger

thanks futureboy. I'm looking to get more document experience. I have small scale building expereince, but no highrise, curtain wall, large scale project exp. I just graduated and have had several offers, but are the two i've narrowed down to.

i'm thinking that getting more document experience with varied architectures will allow me to push my career into the best direction. getting holed in a model shop might stifle my progress?

Aug 28, 06 11:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: