Archinect
anchor

A case of the Mondays

4arch

It never fails, by lunchtime on Monday I always have a pounding headache. Anybody else in the same boat?

Aug 28, 06 1:07 pm
Chili Davis

No headache, but my eyes hurt. Damn these computer things!

Aug 28, 06 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Mondays are always my best day, cause I'm not already burned out.

Aug 28, 06 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

You know what gives me a headache on a Monday? The pure 80s-era butt-ugliness of my state's professional organization website. The hideous graphic design (don't look, rationalist, it'll make you weep) combined with the fact that when I finally found a phone number on it no one there could answer an extremely straightforward question re: licensing makes me despondent about the state of competency in the design professions, let alone in the midwest in general. Sigh.

And that is definitely a case-of-the-Mondays talking. What did they say in Office Space? That you could kick my ass for using the term "A case of the Mondays"?

Anyway. Drink a lot of water bryan4arch. Chili, refocus your eyes on a point 25' away for a minute out of every fifteen, that should help. Strawbeary, that's such an optimistic response it makes want to give you a big hug!

Aug 28, 06 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
mm

I was sick all weekend, forced to lie on the couch watching bad tv. Well, the watching bad tv wasn't forced upon me but it was the only thing I muster the energy to do... So now that I'm feeling better, I'm actually sorta happy to be back in the office and (relatively) productive.

Aug 28, 06 2:58 pm  · 
 · 

I glided through the office today. I'm quite convinced my existential burning rage at having to work for a living didn't show through. In fact, my affected calm was so complete by 16:30 that I practically fell asleep in a meeting. It was all about the intricacies of getting a rainwater harvesting tank between some timber trusses. Now I'm going to finish Plato's *The Symposium* because it's all about lurve.

Aug 28, 06 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

can you have a case on the monday's if you were at work on sunday?

Aug 28, 06 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

Just remember, it's already Tuesday over here.

Aug 28, 06 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
newc

Quote,

Peter: "When you get to work on monday, does anyone ever say to you; "looks like someone has a case of the Mondays"

Lawrence: "No man. No! Shit no! I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' somethin' like that."

Sorry, this thread got me thinkin' bout Office space!

Aug 29, 06 8:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: