Archinect
anchor

Website, Content Management System

sanofiSYN

I'm trying to create a website using a Content Management System-Joomla to be precise, but am having a bit of difficulty. I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to create a regular Flash/HTML page and insert the CMS portion of it into the site. I know it works the other way around, inserting the flash component into the CMS, but I'd like to control the theme/look of it more.

Aug 23, 06 6:28 pm
trace™

Go try Newstoday or Yayhooray

Aug 27, 06 9:05 am  · 
 · 
Katze

I'd have to say that although I haven't heard of Joomla, I am very familiar with many of the content management software products out there, and many have customizable interfaces (e.g. theme/look – well, to a certain extent). The advantage is that this is an open source product, so there is a good chance that the software is customizable (most open source software is). I would contact the vendor directly (specifically a technical contact) and ask them if the product allows interface customization with the method you want to utilize.

Aug 27, 06 11:24 pm  · 
 · 
spiderdad

does anyone know what sites like archinect or newstoday use for their CMS software? or atleast what they use for making their sites?

Aug 28, 06 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
not_here

i like nucleus...
look into creating a theme in nucleus that simplifies content output and having flash pull from that file. i know it's possible, but im not sure as to how.

Aug 29, 06 8:22 pm  · 
 · 
sanofiSYN

I've never heard of newsday today and Yah Hooray!, but I checked them out. Nice! So clean, especially Yeah Hooray!

AddictionBomb- do you know if Nucleus offers supports Chinese language?

Aug 30, 06 10:30 am  · 
 · 
not_here

not sure at all. :-\

Aug 30, 06 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
sanofiSYN

I downloaded Nucleus yesterday and played around with it a bit. It's a lot more straightforward and user-friendly, but it seems somewhat limited in features. I might use it for another project though.

Aug 31, 06 2:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: