Archinect
anchor

Anyone interested in a collection of architecture books?

lecorb

I will try to make this quick and to the point...

I just got accepted into a Arch Grad program and am having a hard time gathering the funds necessary to pay for shool + supplies + living expenses... so I have begun to sell off some of my valuables. I recently got engaged to my undergrad sweetheart and now that we are living together I have decided to part ways with many of the books I have collected during my time in architecture undergrad (as we went through the same program, there is no need to have 2 of each book...).

Thus, I am willing to sell off my books... which are all in like new condition, as I was always anal about keeping them so... And so, I was interested in seeing what type of interest there would be for such a collection, and where perhaps would be the best place to advertise this sale.

Thanks in advance for your feedback...

Best Regards,

Cliff

Aug 23, 06 1:51 pm
pmic

What books do you have? Post them somewhere and give the link here. I am sure people would bve interested in saving some money on books.

Good luck with grad school

Aug 23, 06 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

email me a list of your titles.

Aug 23, 06 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

yeah, can we see a list of the titles? are you selling them seperately or just as one collection?

Aug 23, 06 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
c

how about giving it as a starter set to the archinect lending library.....

Aug 23, 06 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
tc79

Sell them on ebay.

Aug 23, 06 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

you can email me a list also.

Aug 23, 06 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
lecorb

Hi there,

I can have a list prepared in a couple days, at which time I will be sure to post it here.

@ c

I am not familiar with the archinect lending library... please elaborate.

Thank you for your interest.

Best Regards,

Cliff

Aug 23, 06 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
lecorb

I would actually prefer to sell them as a complete set, but understand that people will not be interested in some books... because they already have them or what not... so all offers will be considered...

Aug 23, 06 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

Corb- what is your location? Shipping is a major expense and if you can sell them locally, it is easier for everyone.

can't wait to see the list- but then my wife is already overwhelmed by my yards of books & doesn't want me to spend the $$.

Aug 23, 06 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
AP

dibs on any el croquis or A+U's.

Aug 23, 06 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
c

lecorb - I was half joking ... it'd be cool though wouldn't it? Or we could scan everything, and then it'd be accessible to more than 1 @ a time
.. i'd scan my books if you scan yours... Espec. those El croq's and other pricey glossies.....Anyone else up for it?

Aug 24, 06 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
todd

c - good idea

Aug 24, 06 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

shit. that is a good idea. i've got a few books scanned on my computer from my old work/study job (scanning books into my computer, than transfering them to my professor's)

Aug 24, 06 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

i believe that is called...illegal.

Aug 24, 06 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
word!

what about taking a photograph of the pages... not scanning

Aug 24, 06 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
c

officially it could be for personal use only, and just happen to have many personal users.
i guesse it'd be ideal to have all one format, but maybe there could be higher and lower res. versions of the same thing available

things would get v. interesting when someone buys a book , uploads it and returns it- i won't say i haven't photocopied & returned those books that are cheaper @ 10c. a page than if you buy them...

I heard a profesor (&writer i respect) talking about a project to make university courses availble online ... a bit like the mit coursware proj. ..., availble in their entirrety, maybe even recorded class discussion ... interesting to see which institutions ostensibly dedicated to teaching and furthering knowledge in the world blabla... backed the fck out of it...

My undergrad had a similar thing ( required ID#) for assigned reading, i downloaded much and have files of it, i printed my first copy of Delirous NY myself... it nice bc i could write all over it , and not wory about losing resell value on a $book.
I love to have nice books between the hands- obviously. I just can't afford it .
lecorb- you could upload your collection And sell them afterward they wouldn't be worth any less.... or give someone a cut rate if they want the collection and will do the scanning...
gettin all carried away here, - but i'd be willing to scan/photcopy my books - treasured ones first , like Peter Markli's approximations , a small Siza that's not available in english , Sturm der Ruhe etc.... takers?
anyone know how do deal with the legal dodges necc.?
Le corb if you prefer we can do a new thread, i don't mean to hijack yours..

Aug 24, 06 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
n_

man oh man. i'm in on this. please post your book titles here or shoot me an email.

man oh man. it might be christmas in august.

Aug 25, 06 9:14 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

I imagine other have dibs on stuff already, but I'd like to have a shot at whatever hasn't been claimed yet

Aug 26, 06 9:33 am  · 
 · 
n_

what state do you live in?

heavens, i just ended a sentence in a preposition.

Aug 26, 06 9:39 am  · 
 · 
lecorb

Hello peoples,

I've been so busy so haven't been able to complete the full list, but should have it soon. Nothing has been 'claimed' as of yet... and as for the el croquis and similar type specialty publications... they are keepers... but there are many great titles I will have for you all... so stay posted!

Best Regards,

Cliff

Aug 26, 06 12:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: