Archinect
anchor

NYC - Salary Adjustment

realia

Hi All,

What are you asking for as an annual salary adjustment this year? I had a pretty productive year at a NYC firm, but I am always stumped when asked 'How much?' I am thinking of asking for a 15% salary increase (and hoping for 12%).
My info: project architect, 10 year exp., working for a highly profitable and growing design firm.
Please share your pearls of wisdow.

Aug 20, 06 9:15 am
LostInSpace

We can get salary increases? Nobody told me this!!?!!

IF you get 12% can I have some?

Aug 20, 06 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

realia: I would start not by focusing on the size of the increase, but on what comparable professionals with comparable experience and comparable skills, working in comparable firms in the NYC area are making. That's a more meaningful analysis than focusing entirely on the size of your raise since last year you may have been underpaid (or overpaid) and that situation needs to be considered.

The 2005 AIA salary survey shows the median for a NYC-based Senior Architect/Designer (i.e. Licensed architect or nonregistered graduate with more than 10 years of experience; has a design or technical focus and is responsible for significant project activities.) as making $82k base, with the range $75k to $86.5k. You'll have to decide whether that phrase describes you or not.

Over the last 12 months, the change in the Cost of Living (CPI-W) for NYC and environs was about 5% - 5.7%. Depending on the appropriateness of your base salary over the past year and the amount of growth and productivity you demonstrated over that time, you have a lot of factors to consider in order to determine the size of the "correct" raise.

Good luck !

Aug 20, 06 2:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: