Archinect
anchor

anything in boston

orangutan

I have half a day to kill in boston next week. I've been there a couple times and hit most of the highlights. Has anything new/interesting gone up there in the last couple of years that I could swing by and look at?

Aug 16, 06 9:55 am
FrankLloydMike

I haven't been inside it yet, but Simmons Hall on Vassar Street (off Mass Ave) at MIT in Cambridge is new and--from the outside at least--pretty impressive, especially at night I think.

I'm not a big fan of Gehry so this is somewhat biased, but I wasn't too impressed with the Stata Center--at least compared to the hype--but it's also on Vassar Street and you might as well swing by.

If you're near Brigham Circle, I'd also recommend swinging by the Squealing Pig on Smith Street (off Huntington Ave) for a cold one before my favorite bartender heads back to his native Ireland in a week. Geeze, man, that guy just knows how to pour a good beer.

Forget the architecture. Don't pass that beer up!

Aug 16, 06 10:10 am  · 
 · 

Genzyme Center (which I did cabinetry details for, woohoo!) in Cambridge is worth checking out if you haven't seen it yet. Its all green and sustainable, if you're into that kind of thing.

Hovering around the construction site of the new ICA by DS+R may be rewarding. Last time I saw it was a couple weeks ago while riding my bike out to Castle Island, but it still looked impressive.

Off the beaten path: the Northeastern University chapel by office dA. I just kinda walked in there and asked if I could look around and since nothing was going on in the space it wasn't a big deal. Its a purely interior space, but still worth checking out IMHO.

Aug 16, 06 10:18 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: